What's new

A few pictures I've taken in the past few days.

BlackJack7

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 24, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to the forums and relatively new to photography. I am taking photo 1 in college right now and these are a few pictures I have done in the past few days.
sm82vl.jpg


23i8j0h.jpg


xommph.jpg

ezfxjl.jpg


I have been playing with the hurricane alley pic. I can't get the "Hurricane Alley" letters to look right. I keep trying different colors and filtering them but nothing is coming out right. So that pic is a work in progress and I will post up when I figure something out. Also the Jeep pictures is a work in progress I was just messing around with no direction with that one but I have a scene planned hopefully I can get to it tonight. I finally went and bought a remote so I can get longer than 30sec exposures. Let me here your criticism, pointers, or opinions. It's the only way to get better. I alos have been playing around with watermarks on cs5.
 
Excellent images; i am almost clueless about #1
The dice image is awesome

Others are also beautiful :D
 
Thanks, if anyone has any comments or anything they see can be better with the images please let me know. I took these with a Nikon D40x. I am in the process of picking up a D90 I found at a great price.
 
Is number 1 made with a long exposure and burning steel wool on a string?
 
Nice - Is the dice pic flipped in software?
 
My only suggestion maybe have a darker background to bring out the colors of the dice more? Other than that I'm loving the dice dunk.
 
Yes the dice are flipped. I thought they look a lot better that way. I thought about the darker background after I took the pictures. I set it up as a quick experiment to see what kind of shots I could get, I didn't expect any to turn out that good. I also did a few with my sons toy monster truck, but the truck was to big and the water was too shallow.
 
Nice dice pic indeed, looks great flipped
 
Frequency said:
Can you please shed some light on #1 ? :D

It's the eye of Sauron.
 
Frequency said:
Eye of Sauron...please go ahead :D

J.R.R. Tolken author, best adaptation by Peter Jackson. I'd say the best 13 hours of good battle scenes, special effects, and story.....oh good wisdom and morals too...Gimlii rules!!! Can't wait for The Hobbit this fall, now back to the topic :)
 
Can you please shed some light on #1 ? :D

You get a really thing grade of steel wool, tie it to the end of a chain or rope, preferably something non flammable, then light it on fire and spin it around in a pattern.

Sparks go flying everywhere. One of my buddies lit his clothes on fire doing this. :confused:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom