A few pictures

xstephenx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few pictures that I took on my recent trip to Playa del Carmen. There is not much in the way of PP. Basically just some straightening and a little bit of sharpening. Some feedback on my general direction would be nice. Also, feel free to edit the photos if you wish, please just let me know what you did so I can get a feel for PP as I haven't done much of that.

Thanks for any and all C&C.

I really like the colors in #2 and the framing in #3, but 1 and 4 are boring in my opinion. You might try looking into the "rule of thirds" to help your composition. All of your subjects here are centered and offsetting them can add more visual interest in pictures.

I cant quite work out number 1...I think they are eyes of something ? :)
number three is my fave because of the colours, and the framing works well too

#1 i am assuming is some type of cave and in the hole on the right is a bird. Really like #2

Yeah, #1 was/is a bird in a nest. Unfortunately with the zoom I had available that was all I could get without going into the cenote (water) to get closer. And it was 15-20' deep so I wasn't too keen on that idea.

I was going to play around with cropping to get everything off center, but I didn't really do all that much processing to them and was looking more at exposure. But I agree on the second bird, it could be composed differently and be better than a bird, sitting on a rock, in the middle of a picture.

Thanks for the comments so far.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back