A Few Questions

DJ123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For now I'm using a Canon Rebel t2i and I was hoping someone would be able to point me to a good place to get a good understanding of camera basics. I still don't really understand the basics that well. I've considered taking a class but I think I would rather teach myself. Just as far as different settings go and everything. There was one website someone had told me about but I can't remember what is what and everything else I find hasn't been that helpful.

Some other general questions I have:

1. What do I need to change on my camera so that I can take photos at night or even at a concert?

2. Any opinion on whether I should buy different lenses for my t2i? Or should I just use the 18-55mm basic lens until I can save for a newer camera?

3. Recommendations on a good canon camera that isn't too expensive? Something newer than my t2i is what I had in mind but I would still have to save up for one regardless

4. Any other tips on photography as a whole and anything else you think I should know?

Thank you in advance

An awesome resource on camera settings and different shooting scenarios is the digital photography school. They have hundreds on articles on different topics and are explained very well.

Digital Photography School

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1. What do I need to change on my camera so that I can take photos at night or even at a concert? ISO, basically. Go somewhere darkish and have a play.

2. Any opinion on whether I should buy different lenses for my t2i? Or should I just use the 18-55mm basic lens until I can save for a newer camera? I would not buy any kit until I found I had a need for it. It is too easy to fool yourself into thinking that you need X and then never use it. Your camera and lens are capable of producing excellent results. Don't worry about it not being top of the range - that does not produce better pictures, it just makes it easier.

3. Recommendations on a good canon camera that isn't too expensive? Something newer than my t2i is what I had in mind but I would still have to save up for one regardless Stick with what you have until you reach the point that your camera technically incapable of producing the results you want.

4. Any other tips on photography as a whole and anything else you think I should know?

For self learning, search for exposure triangle. Also there are bound to be videos on YouTube for your current camera. I agree on holding off on new equipment until you have a better idea of what you need.

Most reactions

Back