A few random shots.

Virtuosos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am utterly new here, and I guess this is a good way to submerge myself into the community :)

Comment if you'd like, I personally think the photo's are pretty and hope you enjoy them as well. Suggestions on improvement is always welcomed

*these have been taken awhile ago, settings are probablly generic Point&Click settings... I am currently looking for advice on a new camera so feel free to post here if you have suggestions ---- http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...eviews/247428-crossroads-what-camera-buy.html ---

1)
CIMG5170.jpg

2)
CIMG4812.jpg

3)
CIMG5616.jpg

4)
CIMG1165.jpg

5)
CIMG4687.jpg

6)
CIMG0971.jpg

7)
CIMG5590.jpg

------------

MWG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
3 is composed well, nice work

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
#3 is the only sunset that has an interesting foreground subject...it's easy to be overwhelmed by the beauty of a gorgeous sunset sky, but unless there is ***something*** of interest in the black part of the frame, the shot is of no interest to nobody who was not there to see the sunset. SHot #2 is a good example--beautiful sunset sky, but the entire bottom one-third of the picture is just black nothingness. In shot #3, you have the sailboats and their masts as foreground elements, silhouetted against the sunset sky. Shot #5 has the power lines and the tower and the setting sun, but it also has a large, substantial section of black nothingness, and that drags the image wayyyy down. The key to making these sunsets interesting to a broad audience is to give the viewer of the image something to LOOK AT, and not too much black,empty, nothingness.

OP
Virtuosos

Virtuosos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
You make a good point. It's easy for me to enjoy em because i was there and have a distinct memory of enjoying the moment. Thanks for the crit. :)

Most reactions

ClickASnap