A few random shots.

Virtuosos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am utterly new here, and I guess this is a good way to submerge myself into the community :)

Comment if you'd like, I personally think the photo's are pretty and hope you enjoy them as well. Suggestions on improvement is always welcomed

*these have been taken awhile ago, settings are probablly generic Point&Click settings... I am currently looking for advice on a new camera so feel free to post here if you have suggestions ---- http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...eviews/247428-crossroads-what-camera-buy.html ---

1)
CIMG5170.jpg

2)
CIMG4812.jpg

3)
CIMG5616.jpg

4)
CIMG1165.jpg

5)
CIMG4687.jpg

6)
CIMG0971.jpg

7)
CIMG5590.jpg

------------

3 is composed well, nice work

#3 is the only sunset that has an interesting foreground subject...it's easy to be overwhelmed by the beauty of a gorgeous sunset sky, but unless there is ***something*** of interest in the black part of the frame, the shot is of no interest to nobody who was not there to see the sunset. SHot #2 is a good example--beautiful sunset sky, but the entire bottom one-third of the picture is just black nothingness. In shot #3, you have the sailboats and their masts as foreground elements, silhouetted against the sunset sky. Shot #5 has the power lines and the tower and the setting sun, but it also has a large, substantial section of black nothingness, and that drags the image wayyyy down. The key to making these sunsets interesting to a broad audience is to give the viewer of the image something to LOOK AT, and not too much black,empty, nothingness.

You make a good point. It's easy for me to enjoy em because i was there and have a distinct memory of enjoying the moment. Thanks for the crit. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back