Well, nealjpage, that question is not quite so impossible to ask.
I myself, for example, have always liked taking photos on film, at first with my little Rollei35, later with a very cheap (borrowed off my husband) SLR, later with my own SLR ... and now I have switched to digital photography. And I still like to take out my old prints and look at them and all.
The problem is: I had to take them at face value. For I don't have access to any darkroom, least of all a colour darkroom, where my photos could be developed and printed in just the way I would have liked them.
Right, I had to do some more "in-camera" and make do with the colour - luminosity - brightness - contrasts -etc. choice of the big lab ... and to tell you the truth I never really questioned that fact until I "went digital".
Today, however, I am so happy I have a lot more control over the "making-of" process of creating my photos (beyond the moment of pushing the button of the camera, and I feel that taking a photo SHOULD go beyond that!) ... and I would now miss that control, if I were to go back to film. (Though I sometimes feel some tugging - of the film!- inside me that says "Hey, come back, even if only for a short while").
One other problem I am having with film/print photography is that it is so much harder to present it here, for example, for the digitalisation process that I chose to take (in buying myself that scanner I have) is highly unsatisfactory and all my scanned prints require heaps of post-scan-procession!
But back to *starfish* ... sorry, I haven't been to your flickr-account as yet. For a better response in general it is advisable to post the photos so they appear right inside the thread (make sure to only copy the photo-URL until right after the .jpg-extension and no further, so that the "funny" v?=0 does not show, else your photo will remain a link only).