A few shots from my NEW DSLR!!

Well, nealjpage, that question is not quite so impossible to ask.
I myself, for example, have always liked taking photos on film, at first with my little Rollei35, later with a very cheap (borrowed off my husband) SLR, later with my own SLR ... and now I have switched to digital photography. And I still like to take out my old prints and look at them and all.
The problem is: I had to take them at face value. For I don't have access to any darkroom, least of all a colour darkroom, where my photos could be developed and printed in just the way I would have liked them.

Right, I had to do some more "in-camera" and make do with the colour - luminosity - brightness - contrasts -etc. choice of the big lab ... and to tell you the truth I never really questioned that fact until I "went digital".

Today, however, I am so happy I have a lot more control over the "making-of" process of creating my photos (beyond the moment of pushing the button of the camera, and I feel that taking a photo SHOULD go beyond that!) ... and I would now miss that control, if I were to go back to film. (Though I sometimes feel some tugging - of the film!- inside me that says "Hey, come back, even if only for a short while").

One other problem I am having with film/print photography is that it is so much harder to present it here, for example, for the digitalisation process that I chose to take (in buying myself that scanner I have) is highly unsatisfactory and all my scanned prints require heaps of post-scan-procession!

But back to *starfish* ... sorry, I haven't been to your flickr-account as yet. For a better response in general it is advisable to post the photos so they appear right inside the thread (make sure to only copy the photo-URL until right after the .jpg-extension and no further, so that the "funny" v?=0 does not show, else your photo will remain a link only).

Sorry if I over-stepped my bounds, Corinna. I was just hoping to allay any 'film vs digi' talk, as we've seen how those end up.

Well, it's not so bad, Neal, no need to worry (though that whip looks fierce, oh my!! ;)) - and we'll just see how it goes, ok? First of all I am curious to really see - in the thread - some of *starfish*'s photos ;).

IMG_3860_2.jpg

I like to call this one... Autumn Crush

As far as film vs digital, and the controversy that surrounds this..lol...I have to say that I really like my digital! I was a true die hard film fan, and have experience in the darkroom. However digital has its advantages, and is more useful to me when doing weddings or other such paid shoots. That being said, I am still a die hard fan of film in B&W. I dont like my digital B&W at all....
So Ill probably still use both, and I like both, and I understand why people go either way...plus alot of my film accessories still fit my digital !! yay!!!

For the Moon shot, which Ill try to post here, 300mm lens, 1/250 sec, f 13.0, and ISO 200. After, I zoomed in and upped the contrast...thats about it. I took several shots to get the right look. I was really wanting that high contrast look, and being able to expose for the features on the moon, like the maria and the impact craters.

IMG_3999.jpg

More photos...

I have a thing for snails....
IMG_3419_2.jpg

My family dog, Djengo
IMG_3591_2.jpg

The death of the Canadian Penny?
IMG_3762_2.jpg

IMG_3954_2.jpg

Most reactions

Back