thebeatles
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Oct 30, 2007
- Messages
- 800
- Reaction score
- 1
- Location
- pennsylvania
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
These shots are from a wedding I had the opportunity to assist Saturday. Critique is welcome.
I really like the idea of the B&W. To bad the sun messed up the exposure.... Maybe a bit more contrast overall...
Try this shot again at a different time of day or or a slightly overcast day or something...

I love the lighting in #3. feels a bit more posed than it should?? I really like all of them though. Really nice work.
I think the first 2 are excellent: good composition and lighting (*maybe* a little fill in the shadows could make these great shots even better) plus you caught the right mood in the subjects' faces - they seem genuinely happy, perhaps the most important aspect of a wedding shot. #3 doesn't quite nail the mood - she looks a little bored. I'm not sure about the backlighting on #3 ... obviously the effect is intentional but doesn't quite work for me.