A few shots from the day.

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so went out this morning trying to shoot a landscape. Didn't want any dang cliché sunrise or sunset, etc... found the perfect spot. Set everything up.. got just the angle I wanted, etc.. etc..

20150907 III 232 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr

Damn Elk.

Also got a Bison shot that cracked me up..

20150907 III 144 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr

And throwing in a kitty shot, just so BillM doesn't go postal.. lol

20150907 223 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr

Nice shots. Gotta say that big bull makes me hungry:D
Have to ask, where are you that you can get shots of bull elk, bison, and tigers all in the same day?

Nice shots. Gotta say that big bull makes me hungry:D
Have to ask, where are you that you can get shots of bull elk, bison, and tigers all in the same day?

The Elk and Bison were shot at the Wildlife Safari Park in Ashland, Nebraska. The Tiger was shot at the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska.

Great stuff. That elk is gorgeous. But I think the tiger wins this set.

Yes sirrrrr, that Elk is badassss. Very nice!
Would love to be able to get that close to the Elk and the Bison.

Well bring the wifey down Omaha way for a couple of days and we'll head over to the Safari Park.

Are you sure there are barbed wire fences between you and the AMINALS? This could be a trick. I'm guessing you have some AMINAL whisperer skillzzzz.
Wifey does, and that means I would be the one getting eaten alive. :biglaugh:

Well bring the wifey down Omaha way for a couple of days and we'll head over to the Safari Park.

Are you sure there are barbed wire fences between you and the AMINALS? This could be a trick. I'm guessing you have some AMINAL whisperer skillzzzz.

So wifey and I make our escape while your being mauled.

Hmm.. not seeing a downside here.. lol

No barb wire here, the Elk and Bison you drive through the area and your supposed to stay in the car. The bear and wolves there are raised observation platforms you can shoot from. Really is a great place to shoot, tons of great stuff there.

I love the elk shot! :586:

So wifey and I make our escape while your being mauled.

Hmm.. not seeing a downside here.. lol

No barb wire here, the Elk and Bison you drive through the area and your supposed to stay in the car. The bear and wolves there are raised observation platforms you can shoot from. Really is a great place to shoot, tons of great stuff there.

Hmmmm, sounds like a bucket list item.
Years ago, way before my photography days, we had a similar place called Lion Country Safari.

Ruined a perfectly good landscape.. but eh..

Lol

Okay, I think I was the first to come up with 'Birdography'???? So what is Landscape and Wildlife? Does it depend on the subject? Elkscape....
If it was a hairy man would it be........Manscape?

Okay nevermind. I just googled manscape and came up with this manscape - Google Search

Seriously need to try the superman S, after I work on my abs with situps instead of beer next time.

Ruined a perfectly good landscape.. but eh..

Lol

Okay, I think I was the first to come up with 'Birdography'???? So what is Landscape and Wildlife? Does it depend on the subject? Elkscape....
If it was a hairy man would it be........Manscape?

Okay nevermind. I just googled manscape and came up with this manscape - Google Search

Seriously need to try the superman S, after I work on my abs with situps instead of beer next time.

Lol.. if it was a hairy man I wouldn't be posting it here, I'd be selling that to the Enquirer as a big foot photo.

Most reactions

Back