A few shots from the Speedway/Flat track races

Fox_Racing_Guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the 1 form of motorcycle racing that I don't participate in myself but I enjoy being a spectator of these events.
DSC00152.jpg
DSC00095.jpg
DSC00134.jpg

Thank you for the comments and I agree, this is a new camera to me and I'm still getting the hang of it.

Nice work :) As Jeff said, some cropping would help, eg take the yellow bike out of the far right of the second pic. Nice pans otherwise :)

Here is my other money eating hobby, high powered model rockets. These things are extremely challenging to photograph leaving the launch pad but here is what I got today.
DSC00283.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

And a little retouching of 1 of my bike pics.
DSC00096.jpg

1 more for the Hell of it :lol:
DSC00213.jpg

Looks like you are having fun, nice captures. I think your crop may look better if you leave room in front for then to drive into. The last one's angle is nice becouse it lets you see into the helmet.

Where were they racing Speedway bikes? In Ohio?

Stark Co fair grounds, Canton, Ohio
How often do they race?

1 time a year here in Canton on Memorial day weekend, they have raced here now for the past 7 years and I have attended all of them. It's a half mile track so the speeds are pretty decent and the seem to get more and more competitors every year. HOME is the site with all the info.
This 6 year old little girl had this same smile on her face each time she came by, she was holding it WFO all the way around to.
DSC00195.jpg

There was a time in Los Angeles that they raced Speedway weekly. The track (Ascot Park) no longer exists. It moved to Orange County Fairgrounds for a while. Some of the guys got good enough to race in Europe where it's much more popular. In some parts of Europe it's a mainstream motorsport and the top riders are household names and make big money.

It's exciting racing, watching or doing, and I miss it. Sprint kart racing (short paved road courses) comes close but...............

Thanks for the images and the info.

There was a time in Los Angeles that they raced Speedway weekly. The track (Ascot Park) no longer exists. It moved to Orange County Fairgrounds for a while. Some of the guys got good enough to race in Europe where it's much more popular. In some parts of Europe it's a mainstream motorsport and the top riders are household names and make big money.

It's exciting racing, watching or doing, and I miss it. Sprint kart racing (short paved road courses) comes close but...............

Thanks for the images and the info.

Yep, I was very familiar with Ascot park, lived in CA at the time it was closed (I'm 41) and I sure do miss the times when they raced on a regular schedule around here. My favorite TV show as a child was "CHiPs" and the Penhalls had roles on the show, in the closing years there was a few episodes showing them racing. I even have a 82 Honda FT500 Ascot in my own collection of bikes.
WVTrip2005032-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back