A few shots from the streets of my home city- C&C

WadeMack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots I took in over the last several months in my home city of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. I used my Asahi Pentax Spotmatic 35mm camera on all of them. I would appreciate any feedback including constructive criticism.

010_10a.jpg

003_3.jpg

024_24.jpg

008_8a.jpg

009_9.jpg

023_24.jpg

023_23.jpg

008_9.jpg

All I see is poorly framed black and white shots taken on the street... + two colour ones.

Sorry, but these don't reach me. I see a picture with a centered bus. I see a poorly framed photo of a street musician, and a few of some art thing.

You should look for something "special" in the streets, something that's interesting, yet something that maybe "normal" people would miss. These look so much like snap shots. In my opinions, they don't really tell me anything other than what I see - I'd like an untold story, if you see my point.

I'd say the one with the most potential would be your last image. There are some interesting lines and shapes, but there's some art blocking it :)

My own opinions, anyway.

I like the light/shadows game and the geometry of #8 and the texture of the tower of #7.

sorry, I'm with compaq. There isn't anything that really grabs my interest. couple underexposed and little depth of field

Architectural photography is extremely tough to do if you're wanting striking images. And you need to be a pro when it comes to composition or you end up with a lot of trash bin fodder.

When it comes to street photography (just heading out with a 50mm and a little change for sodas) you'll want to try to get a unique perspective. The street musician is a perfect example. It looks like you saw a guy strumming a banjo, walked over and snapped a shot. Granted....he was probably the most interesting thing happening for at least 3 blocks in any direction, but that doesn't mean that any old picture of him will make an interesting photograph.

Try this.....go to a hardware store and get some knee-pads that construction guys wear. Next time you go walk-about with your camera wear them. Every time you see something interesting, get down on your knees and shoot.

You may get nothing but a bunch of snoozers, but after a while I can almost guarantee that you'll start to look at things and think "OK, how can I get an interesting perspective here", instead of just pressing the shutter release.

BTW..I did get what you did with that streetlamp. I see that you intentionaly composed it that way. It didn't make a spectacular image..but that is the sort of thinking you'll want to develop.

Comp could be improved, but some are fair to OK. You got the basics down.

They have a snapshot quality to them. Shoot for photos that say something.

I'd suggest you go digital and see reuslts right away to help you correct. You can get a basic 6 - 12 mp dig Pentax body for $140 - $280 on ebay.

Good luck and keep blasting away.

It's boring. No offense just stop trying and do. Just take a photo from the heart and you will grow. Right now it's zzzzzzzzzzzzz

There is nothing to be disheartened..... take this is a challenge and venture into the wilderness of opportunities ans show off yourself...by the way, also check something can be done with the images already you captured...

i tried to brighten up one of your images and i found some wonderful details in it....

Regards :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back