A few shots from Today. C&C welcome

hankejp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I had the day off and went out for some pictures. My dad wanted to tag along with me which was good. He took me out to some places I didn't even know of.

1.)
Elk3.jpg

2.)
Elk4.jpg

3.)
Church1.jpg

4.)
Dells2.jpg

Nope,

1-too far away w/ distracting background

2- Better, but still busy

3-Nice, but cropping on left side will help, as the tree is distracted, and already half cut out.

4-Much better, if you go back, bring a tripod and ND filter, 4 a long exp, for a nice effect with the water.

#3 -- very distant subject, lots of empty space. Unless you wanted to create a specific feeling of emptiness and such, that's probably not a good compositional choice. (If you did, there's a lot more that you could do as well -- including cropping out that tree, as mentioned.)

#4 -- I love this kind of landscape. It's good, but could use perhaps a bit more of either the rocks on the shore, or the river, but not both -- right now, the photo seems split between the two. Also, a long exposure won't help a lot at this distance -- closer, or with more rushing water, and a long exposure may help.

Thanks for your input. I will try doing some of the suggestions mentioned. I did try the silky water effect, but the picture was too washed out.

I did try the silky water effect, but the picture was too washed out.
Best to try that on cloudy days and you may need to use a ND filter (neutral density filter) to help keep the exposure from blowing out if you use a real slow shutter speed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back