What's new

A few sky/pano shots..

Sharpiks

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Location
Jacksonville, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
93ff9bff.jpg

599998a9.jpg

e62c6f02.jpg

3293fe86.jpg



I was with a friend of mine and I decided to take some shots of his kids school area. I think I did pretty well for what was supposed to be a few practice shots. :sexywink:

It's a shame though that these images were originally so big I ran out of memory twice, and I'm loaded with memory. :lol:

Thoughts? :er:
 
I don't want you to feel like your getting beat up here or anything, but there is just nothing appealing about them.

1. Lots of sky...and a branch on the left.
2. Looks to be a football field. I guess you can use that with your logo "symetrical photography".
3. Field lights, nothing to look at.
4. 100% out of focus.

Be creative, use angles, lighting, exposure, and the surroundings to your advantage. When I am taking a picture, whether it's a potrait, macro, sports, whatever. I always ask myself would I print this, is it interesting to look at, is there a story to it. If not, find another way to take it.

I am not a professional, I am an amateur for sure, I take lots of snapshots no doubt. But when I ask for C&C, I try to make it a learning experience.
 
I don't want you to feel like your getting beat up here or anything, but there is just nothing appealing about them.
All comes with the learning process - If I want to be good I need support.

1. Lots of sky...and a branch on the left.
2. Looks to be a football field. I guess you can use that with your logo "symetrical photography".
3. Field lights, nothing to look at.
4. 100% out of focus.
1. Yeahh.. Was a much larger image, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the sky in without underexposed objects (including trees) with a poor sensor.
2. Asymmetrical
3. See 1.
4. Yeah I noticed that before I even started editing, I think it was the way I stitched it together.. But I said what the hay.

Be creative, use angles, lighting, exposure, and the surroundings to your advantage. When I am taking a picture, whether it's a potrait, macro, sports, whatever. I always ask myself would I print this, is it interesting to look at, is there a story to it. If not, find another way to take it.
I do the same, as far as the 'story' part. Everything tells a story, you just have to look for it. I was just out for practice today, and I'm looking into exposures and lighting techniques. I don't really have any lighting equipment so I'm looking to find another way to compensate, and I figured early morning hours would be good practice for it. I'm trying to learn using a more "go out and do it and learn from trial and error." sort of thing.

But thanks for your input.. I have a few ideas in mind already. :er:
 
1. Yeahh.. Was a much larger image, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the sky in without underexposed objects (including trees) with a poor sensor.

You can't. Even with a good sensor.

Look into HDR.
 
1. Yeahh.. Was a much larger image, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the sky in without underexposed objects (including trees) with a poor sensor.

You can't. Even with a good sensor.

Look into HDR.
Yeah that's what I'm doing, I think it's fun to play around with the levels on an HDR picture. That's actually more a reason I went out for practice today, 'cept I forgot my tripod in a rush so all of my "HDR" images weren't all that great so I just decided to do other things.
 
When looking at the full size, there is A LOT and I mean A LOT of noise.
 
When looking at the full size, there is A LOT and I mean A LOT of noise.
Indeed. I could've edited it out but they weren't meant to be zoomed in, so... :er:
Plus I have no idea where it even came from..
 
Indeed. I could've edited it out but they weren't meant to be zoomed in, so... :er:

Then why post super enlarged images? .... :er:
Don't really know, I don't re-size my stuff.. I just do some edits here and there, maybe a slight touch-up and let the host do the rest with resizing (dA for example), to preserve as much originality as I can. It's silly, I know. :meh:
 
like some said above, the images arent that interesting.
 
Sharpiks said:
2. Looks to be a football field. I guess you can use that with your logo "symetrical photography".

2. Asymmetrical
Sure, if you say the bleachers on the right make it Asymmetrical, I would say it looks pretty symmetrical IMO though.
 
Logo fail.

I thought it was just Symmetrical, as well.
:lmao:
It never was meant to be Asymmetrical, just the giant thing that looked like an 'A' that wasn't even on either side kinda made it go with Asymmetrical, so..

I'm more basing the logo on itself rather than my photographs. :-P
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom