A few soccer from yesterday

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a couple action from the game, and one I shot to make a point about shooting from the side. I had moved up into the stands to help clean up a busy background(worked well for some images, just not this one) it was also bright backlit. The guy in the background with two D3 bodies, a 70-200 2.8 and a 300 2.8 that he never used during the game decided to move around and stand directly opposite where I was. I guess he assumed it was a good spot, for him it wasn't. I wanted to use the sun behind the players. He also spent the whole game on the sides in the shade, seems the 32c heat(90f) was too much for this guy.

I'd lower the ISO and speed up the shutter. The backgrounds are bright.

Just an idea, could always bring up shadows or bring down the highlights in post

very nice as always Scott!
you know you nailed it when you can count the specs of dirt in the air!

Just an idea, could always bring up shadows or bring down the highlights in post

Shooting with bright sunlight either side or backlit gives you two options, you expose for the faces which are in shadow, blowing out the background, or you shoot the highlights and have shadow faces. I could spend lots of computer time working on the backgrounds making them a little darker, but why bother when the faces are exposed correctly.

I completely agree, great shot not much more can be done. No way to evenly expose with that much of a light difference.

However, bring down the highlights n it's a better shot for a client.

Shooting with bright sunlight either side or backlit gives you two options, you expose for the faces which are in shadow, blowing out the background, or you shoot the highlights and have shadow faces. I could spend lots of computer time working on the backgrounds making them a little darker, but why bother when the faces are exposed correctly.

Yeah, sports at high noon are tough to shoot. Well done, but I might knock back the highlights a touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back