a few trees

joyride

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cognizantcog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Again, these look way better in person as prints. Dont worry, fomr now on I'm shoting digital!

Anyway, let me know what you think. I have a lot of these, as each one turns out differently. A lot of people like them, but I'm curious as to what actual photographers would think of this printing...
tree6.jpg

tree5.jpg

tree2.jpg

tree1.jpg

tree7.jpg

It is actually a variation on a printing technique called sabattier printing. The negative for these is actually just a tree with a very light grey (almost white) sky. I exposed the paper correctly to print the tree, however only left it in the developer for a few seconds (just enough for the tree to develop.) Then I put the print into water for about 20 seconds to stop the developer. While the print was still dripping wet, I blasted the paper again with white light (no negative in the holder.) Then I just went on developing the print normally. The water creates the variations to where the sky should be. It was intersting to see how holding the paper when moving it from water to the enlarger changed the look of the photo dramatically. Once the darkroom here opens up again, I am going to try some other prints like this.

Most reactions

Back