What's new

A final shell for your viewing pleasure

:waiting:

You're probably thinking, wonderful, fantastic, terrific, outstanding, perfection? Something on those lines?

If not, close the thread...QUICK!:lol:
 
Wow, the second that I opened this, I immediately had a flashback of 20-odd years, back to my university photography classes - that image, technically/lighting/composition/etc is exactly what we were all trying our utmost best to do back then. Nicely done :)

I haven't seen your other shell photos, will have to go check them out.
 
Nice image. I think it should be tagged NSFW though.

;)
 
Very nice Rick. It's something I can strive for. What type of lighting are you using?

The lighting couldn't be more simple. A bare bulb in a $10 hardware store reflector on the left, and a sheet of white printer paper on the right to lighten the shadows. The actual shell is a little over 1 inch tall. Thanks for the compliment.
 
Very Nice Rick!
 
Thanks Rick!
 
Wow, you've made it sparkle and glitter...took it up a notch here, didn't you? ;) Well done!
 
Wow this is a very special one, just like expensive lace
the shell catches little sparkles of light so delicately.

A piece of art! Congratulations!
 
Wow, you've made it sparkle and glitter...took it up a notch here, didn't you? ;) Well done!

Wow this is a very special one, just like expensive lace
the shell catches little sparkles of light so delicately.

A piece of art! Congratulations!

Thank you both for your compliments!
 
...and, Robn may be correct, I probably do think too much...hopefully for the better, but I am sure in some eyes, sometimes not. Oh well, I learn from it each time. My thinking was while I enjoyed the somewhat translucency you created on the face of the shell, I felt it lost a bit too much detail. While no pixels were harmed in this edit, I did apply a gradient fill over the face, starting the gradient way outside the frame so only the lightest part fell on the shell, changed the blend to soft light, added a mask and worked the face back as close to the original as I could get but keeping some of the more delicate details acquired from the gradient fill.

$8523080910_1e20b1e570_o.webp
 
Well, well, well. Mr. rain on my perfect picture parade. I thought you fell asleep while typing :lol:
I told them to lock this down before any negative critque slipped in :lol:

I do like what you've done <said quietly within a cough>.

Very nice edit :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom