A freinds wedding - 9 images for c&c

hayleyfraser24

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
hayleyfraserphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend of a friend contacted me about his sisters wedding. They couldnt afford a photographer so they asked if I would come along and take some shots. It was all for free but I still felt pressure. I have never shot a wedding before, I have not even been a second shooter. I used my new lens that ive been saving all year for. It was heavy and I made a few mistakes... one being that I accidently nudged my exposure dial to +0.3! I posted a picture earlier in the week and got loads of help with the edit becuase the background was distracting (thanks guys). Anyway here is some of the bridal portraits for C&C. The couple are happy with them but I know they should be sharper. Ive got another wedding for a friend coming up in a few months so I will learn from my mistakes! Thanks in advance for any critique!

lil31of12.jpg

lil31of1-32.jpg

lil31of1-6-1.jpg

lil31of1-52.jpg

lil31of1-44.jpg

lil31of1-72.jpg

lil31of1-25.jpg

lil31of1-33.jpg

lil31of1-23.jpg

Nice set... but watch for the blown out, overexposed areas on the dress when shooting in bright light. Try and find shade possible.. or make some with a large diffuser......

Nice set... but watch for the blown out, overexposed areas on the dress when shooting in bright light. Try and find shade possible.. or make some with a large diffuser......

Thanks, yea I did have to bin a few pictures because of this issue on her dress and also on their faces. I will try and remember this for next time!

Generally really nice composition but several of these look not-so-sharp.

The images are well-composed but stick to more standard formatting until you need to fit them in a book page.
Off standard means costly matting framin.

Generally really nice composition but several of these look not-so-sharp.

The images are well-composed but stick to more standard formatting until you need to fit them in a book page.
Off standard means costly matting framin.

Thanks Lew, yea I agree that they should be much sharper

I like 'em. The only thing that kind of bugs me is the dappled lighting. It's not that noticeable on the hair but when it's on the couple's skin...

how sweet! they will love these :) I agree though, they could be sharper, but they won't even notice that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back