What's new

A Gem of a Waterdrop

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was shooting some Irises and got down on the ground to get a different angle and found this hidden in the garden today :)
It found the light for me.
C&C always welcome and appreciated.

Shot Settings:
1/1000
F10
ISO500




 
ooooh... Nice! I like the colour version, and think that you moved the flower too much to the right in the cropped version. But that is nitpicking. Well seen.
 
Thanks Pgriz :)
I had to have cropped this every way till sundown trying to find the perfect balance, I'll take a look again in the morning with fresh eyes ;)
 
love the first one! the way the flower is in the light and everything else in the shadows really makes it pop. Its the kinda picture where you expect to see a fairy flying somewhere lol, its magical. great work! :)
 
Thanks Frequency and Haya :)
 
Judi, nice find. Picture #1 is very well composed and exposed. I much prefer the format to that of picture #2. Also the shift of the flower to the far right in picture #2 is just a little too much. I think halfway between picture 1 & 2 would be perfect, but use the format of picture 1. The switch to B&W works because of the the lighting. Good eye for that. I'm convinced I would have missed that in PP completely.

Here's a re-crop and a slight exposure adjustment of the color version, then converted to B&W.

$7258586812_e1484297c6_z.webp
 
Last edited:
Thanks Hugh and Joel :)
Joel, nice! I like your conversion :) I'm definitely going to have to revisit this one today when I edit, I think I did a huge injustice with my crop (this is not new lol). I was trying to simplify and think I went toooo far with it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom