A Girl & Her Mini: Photo Shoot Questions

Thanks for all the comments.

The light was way too harsh in the morning. I'm thinking maybe I should have waited a few more hours, or moved to a shady spot. I did what I could to work some of it out with the Canon software.

As far as blurring out the background to "un-busy' the brick... well... I don't really like doing that. It looks fake to me, and I'd rather get the effect naturally, than shop the sh-t out of it. :) I'll dabble a little bit in jacking up the contrast on a photo, or oversaturating it, but I'd rather just keep my photos "true" to what I shot. I do appreciate the critique though.

The model is way too distracting, I find my eyes are drawn to her and that the car is completely ignored. Do you have any of just the car? :lol:
Some are alittle contrasty as mentioned before but still nice.

I like it... good mix of mature and sexy photos in there - and your friend isn't bad either :D (i'm partial to red minis) here's mine:

985040291_sPTbK-M.jpg

The model is way too distracting, I find my eyes are drawn to her and that the car is completely ignored. Do you have any of just the car? :lol:
Some are alittle contrasty as mentioned before but still nice.

I do have one of just the car. :lol: (yes I know it's crooked... did it on purpose)

IMG_4508.png

I always seem to have a problem with too dark, too light, or too contrasty. :( Not sure why, but it seems like when I process them in the Canon software, they're "perfect" (at least to me). Then by the time I get done adding the border, adding the watermark, and uploading to Photobucket or Facebook, they're completely different from what I originally processed. I thought the issue was processing them into a JPG file, so I switched to the TIFF format, then a PNG format to post. It seemed to help with the quality, but now they always seem to come out too dark/contrasty, as you said.

Great pics man, I do like the overcooked look to #1, fits with the fisheye. All in all, great job IMHO.

Great pics man, I do like the overcooked look to #1, fits with the fisheye. All in all, great job IMHO.

The first one was actually taken with my GoPro camera, into the sun, handheld, etc. There's not a whole lot I did right in that photo, which is why I think I like it. It's not your typical polished turd. :)

Plus, I already have the GoPro, so I saved myself $400 by not having to buy a fisheye/wide-angle lens. (Yes, I know an actual lens would be MUCH better, and allow me to shoot in RAW)

I like 4, 7 and 8. They seemed classier. In some of the pictures, the model (who is quite tall) seemed like she had to contort to get that pose and looked uncomfortable. #1 was also interesting. You get a thumbs up from me :thumbup:

It was her first time posing. She wasn't sure how to pose, and of course, I wasn't sure what to tell her. The only thing we both agreed on was that the picture would look better if the pose seemed natural or comfortable. She is VERY tall, which makes many of the example poses I printed out for her, rather awkward. There were a couple that just didn't work at all. I posted the ones that worked... kinda. :)

I wanted things to stay classy and relatively "clean". Pictures I wouldn't be afraid to show my grandmother. IMO, things like "pouty lips" and strait-leg bendover shots are cliched, and really shouldn't be done unless the customer asks for them, or you're trying to sell a calender. :)

I like #7. The others look like she's either hiding or climbing onto the car, just my opinion. I know this was your first posing shoot, and I doubt I could have done much better but I appreciate you posting the pics!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back