A Good learning Magazine

Jimmy1234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. I am new here and new to photography. I just purchased a Nikon d40x and photoshop. I have a lot to learn about photography, and with the other hobies in my life I have read magazines. So I was woundering if there are any good Magazines out there that are good for beginers like myself? The only ones I have seen are either from the UK, or just trying to sell you something.

Thanks for your advice
Jimmy

Just get Understanding Exposure. It's not exactly a magazine (it's a thin book), but it's gonna help you loads.

I have John Hedgecoe's complete guide to phtography.. But I like how the Magazines from the UK give you diferent things to learn every month. The only thing is its 56lbs a year, and thats a lot in US dollers

Forget about magazines for learning...get some books instead.

Thanks or the advise. I have been reading the photo assignment thread, and have enjoyed it. I actually took my first asignment picture last night, but I couldnt get it to upaod on photobucket, maybe the file was to big or my dial up internet conection just doesnt cut it.

I will hve to figure this out so I can perticipate in that fun assignment thread.

James

Just get Understanding Exposure. It's not exactly a magazine (it's a thin book), but it's gonna help you loads.

I got my camera today (Canon Rebel K2 w/28-90mm lens) and went through almost 3 rolls of film just 'playing around' to get used to it. I also bought... yep "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson (3rd edition) and after only a couple of chapters into it and I already...

Have a VERY good idea on what my camera can do! Right from the get-go, this books has you get hands-on with your camera and explains in an easy way what it will do and how you use it - regardless of which camera you have, regardless if it is film or digital. I have been amazed so far and looking forward to reading all of it. If, you do as I have done, read and have your camera on-hand; it is wondeful to just pick up the camera and 'whoosh' you are finding the right way to take pictures and more importantly good pictures right from the get-go and understanding the principles of exposure.

Best of luck and this IS a good book to add to your library.

Sam

You're right, plenty of magazines in the UK with tutorials and stuff, they are quite expensive though!

I've found the internet to be an amazing source of info for photography - tutorials, walk-thru guides, videos on Youtube. And it's all free!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back