What's new

A good old buoy

tb2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Messages
971
Reaction score
2
This old buoy's sea-going days are done. It's now high and dry at Fleetwood, Lancashire, an exhibit for passers-by.

For more about the buoy and the photograph go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Fleetwood%2C%20buoy.jpg

 
Did you photoshop that? That color is intense! I don't know, I would say lower the saturation just a bit so it doesn't hurt the eyes, that red on blue is such a huge contrast. I really like the composition though!
Cheers!
 
Yes, I took the colour up a touch, but not a lot. The white balance was off on the original shot, so I took the colour to where I thought it was, and then moved it (slightly) to where I wanted it to be! The complementary (colour science speaking here) nature of the blue and orange was the effect I was looking for. Each colour makes the other appear more vivid when adjacent.

Thanks for your comments,
Tony

http://photoreflect.blogspot.com
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom