"a good tripod"

Thanks guys!

And yes, my question about the Tripod was answered. And then answered again... and then answered a few more times, then I tried to move on with a thank you and a reiteration of point number two, but alas it was answered... again... :lol: So I GOT IT!! haha. (I wonder if people ever read the replies or just the OP :lmao:). Oh well, no biggie, I appreciate the information and the people taking their time to answer me!

Okay, point taken about the UV filter. I just see them in about every accessory assortment I find, or those "free gift" bundles (that are $300 more, lol), on eBay, so I decided either they were super cheap and so they add them so their assortment can have "one more thing", or there is a legitimate need. Of course, they might just be adding it against better judgment just so a less informed shopper doesn't say "Oh this one doesn't even have a UV filter like all the other ones!". So thanks for clearing that up for me.

I'll grab a battery, and a decent bag. Actually Canon has a "Starter kit" for the T1i that's 100 bucks at Best Buy, good looking Canon bag, battery, UV filter, and I think a mini-HDMI cable. Good deal or not such a good deal?

Thanks

John

Those kits suck. Order a bag on adorama or BHPhoto for like 50 or 60, get an extra battery, and if you REALLY want to play your camera on your tv, get an HDMI cable, personally, I wouldn't bother wasting the cash. The UV filter you can do without ( but I don't want to open a big can of worms because this is a hot button issue on these forums ) You are better off getting a Polarizing filter, but I wouldn't buy one at a big box store. Order a decent one online. Just make sure you are using your lens hood always. Thats all the protection you will need. If you want a Canon brand bag...here is one..
Canon 200DG Deluxe Gadget Bag 9320A003 - B&H Photo Video

Personally, I would go with something from Tamrac, or Lowepro. You will probably get a better bag for the money.

Haha well, actually, the exact bag you linked is the bag that's included. And for the price of that bag and a canon branded battery at retail, the kit is cheaper. I might as well get it and then just pretend I never got the UV filter and get a polarized filter, and/or a hood.

-John

I will be trying out differernt tripods in person next time I buy one. I bought one from B&H midrange price had decent reviews. But you flip it vertical it creeps. Constantly. Drives me nuts, I ended up having to use a makeshift shim to keep it from creeping. I think a tripod should definitely fall into the try before you buy category.

The creep there (as it is on mine) is from the head, not the tripod as a whole. Make sure you don't buy a head for your current legs when you go buy. No intention to insult or offend, just want to make sure you don't any spend unnecessary money.

To the OP, what i did is buy an entry level Manfrotto kit (legs + head) and as i expected for 130$, the head sucks and creeps, as mentioned above. Definitely go with a kit like this to begin with, then sometime later just purchase a better quality head to go with your legs.

Here are the legs..
Manfrotto 190XDB

..looks like the kit I purchased (Manfrotto 190XDB w/390RC2 HEAD) isn't on B&H any more and in fact they don't have the head separately either. Good riddance, it sucks.

I didn't realize that the kit had a bettery in it. You can get good aftermarket batteries at Adorama for probably $20 bucks a pop. I got 2 when I bought my t1i grip and they have always worked great. Just the same as the Canon. So you could save yourself $30 bucks and just buy the bag and an aftermarket battery.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back