A Guitar

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, last pic from the film camera. Again, looking for some strong criticism and comments.

Thanks.

026_23A.jpg

Jo,

I like the shot but there is something odd about the shadows, How was it light? Thye bottom shadow is to both left and right and the top is just to the right a bit and then drops off. I like it but maybe a tad bit over-expposed on the developers work. I am not sure how your lighting was set up so hard to tell.

Scott,

The original is much darker...I did all the lightening up. It was just natural lighting through the window directly above the guitar and a window across the room and about diagnol from it. There is a night table just to the left and out of the picture; I'm guessing that that is what casted the second shadow on the guitar...not really sure though.

If you want, I will try to remember to post the original when I get home.

MyCameraEye said:
Jo,

I like the shot but there is something odd about the shadows, How was it light? Thye bottom shadow is to both left and right and the top is just to the right a bit and then drops off. I like it but maybe a tad bit over-expposed on the developers work. I am not sure how your lighting was set up so hard to tell.

Yeah, that would be cool. Honstly, when it comes to b&w film photography, I do NO editing. I'd like to see the original. I think you loose a lot of the film look once you bring a scanned b&w film shot into the digital dark room. I'll have to scan some of my pushed b&w film shots.

Scott

yay for film!!!!!! i like it a lot. i'd like to see a more defined ending of the guitar on the top as it it very white and just goes into the wall. also, a a b/w purist when doing film, edit in the darkroom, not on the computer when doing film, you loose some of the richness of the film. but i really do like the shot.

boardersdc said:
yay for film!!!!!! i like it a lot. i'd like to see a more defined ending of the guitar on the top as it it very white and just goes into the wall. also, a a b/w purist when doing film, edit in the darkroom, not on the computer when doing film, you loose some of the richness of the film. but i really do like the shot.

actually CVS did the developing :lol: I wish I had a darkroom...

Nice shot, the b&w makes it more expressive...

Most reactions

Back