A hill farm

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The sun briefly pierced the clouds over this hill farm in the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire, to reveal that spring arrives late on the uplands.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Hill-farm.jpg

I think spring is arriving late all over ;D
Was hailing and snowing here in Birmingham Monday.

Great shot.
When I scrolled down, I instinctivly stopped at the wall on the bottom 3rd as i thought it was the bottom of the shot, but alas.... there was more ;D
I'm taking it that you cropped it more squarely?

Isn't that a pleasant surprise to find even more - a stream, and a wall leading towards us and the two sheep staring at us curiously?
I like it!
I like the whole photo.
But why wouldn't I? It is "a genuine Boughen" AND sports a lot of wonderful green!! :D

Thanks for the thoughts on this one Gizmo & Corinna - your feedback's appreciated. This shot comes off a 4/3 sensor Gizmo, so no crop. I was after a particular feel, with this image, of the dour beauty of the uplands that can be best seen in bad weather. It was freezing, dull and snow flurries, and I'd walked eight miles when I took this shot :wink:. I kept the stream for the interest and completeness that it gave to the image. I have a shot without it, but I feel it's a bit, well, boring.

Regards, Tony

That's a beautiful shot.

Dani

Gaaaaah! Your pics just blow me away. This one is gorgeous!!!! It is such an idyllic scene, it doesn't even look real! The scattered sheep are just so perfect, as is the lighting. What an incredibly beautiful part of the world you either live in or visit.

Most reactions

Back