a little girl receives some valuable information from her father about JFK

36182877-L.jpg

Jeff Canes said:
[font=&quot]To honest it’s a little to dark for my liking [/font]

yep, but it's not in PS. i don't get it :meh:

better?

36187960-L.jpg

Raymond J Barlow said:
cool shot Jon, great composition, and timing.. do you adjust your monitor with the Adobe Gamma.. it's in your control panel.. this really made a big difference with my set up here.

thanks Raymond.

no, i don't know much about that sort of thing. is it easy to do?

JonMikal said:
thanks Raymond.

no, i don't know much about that sort of thing. is it easy to do?

open your control panel, click on adobe gamma, and follow the path.. took me a while to figure it out, but it worked..

I was going nuts, and the 4 different photo softwares I was using would all show something different.. but tuning in the gamma did help a ton.

oooh, way much better when its been lightened Jon, i love the moment, great shot :)

neat shot Jon :thumbsup: sweet moment :)

I could be mistaken, but I think the problem isn't lightening so much as contrast? And maybe a little too strong on the sharpening? I think I may see halos around the subject. I'm -assuming- you did an unsharp mask? Maybe turn the radius down a bit and go a bit easier on the contrast tweak. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see and play with the source image (resized of course, just not touched up)

Let me know if I'm totally off base. It helps me own abilities to understand if I'm whacked. :lol:

The second one is much better, Imo the halos are on the heavy side, but are OK because of the subjec[font=&quot]t [/font]

Jeff Canes said:
The second one is much better, Imo the halos are on the heavy side, but are OK because of the subjec[font=&quot]t [/font]

where are the halos you guys speak of...i don't see them, but then again my vision isn't up to speed anymore.

JonMikal said:
where are the halos you guys speak of...i don't see them, but then again my vision isn't up to speed anymore.

God that's tough... I've just recently learned about them so I have a hard time saying "right here!" so much as being able to comment that I see them generally. What I do see is that the man giving "the lesson" seems to have an odd "3d pop" to him that usually seems to indicate haloing, also look around the edges of the square plaques and the blades of grass.

Excellent shot Jon, I have to tell you I'm having a hard time seeing these halos as well! Even when they are pointed out I don't see them. Still a great shot even with the halos that I can't see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back