cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All handheld with Flash

Flie Bee at Two Ponds NWR in Arvada Co.
FlieBee.jpg

Honeybee at The Westminster Co Butterfly Pavillion Outdoor Garden. I tried really hard to get a shot without a distracting background.. but this was the best of them.
flower-bee-3.jpg

Thanks Adam... Little fella was pretty cooperative! :)

#1 is a terrific shot. It would have been a terrific shot even without the bee! Composition is great with the image segregated into three areas, each with their own color, contrast, entropy and focus while each sharing the same curved geometry. Oddly, the bee adds little to this image, its color scheme is nice against the purple, but really, image the picture without the bee!

#2 - well these bees never stay on que;). This one doesn't work for me. While the bee is placed 1/3 in from left you can't find it! The flower center becomes the subject and that doesn't have the best in composition nor technical approach since it is not what you were going for in the first place. I would drop #2 and keep #1.

Nice. I need to go to the butterfly pavilion again. What did you use and how did you flash it?

I like both, nice shot! The color is rich.

Nice. I need to go to the butterfly pavilion again. What did you use and how did you flash it?

I was using my D7000 with a Tokina 100mm 2.8 macro. I was using a Kirk universal flash bracket to get the flash off camera... had the flash (SB-900) at about 11 o'clock to the lens. Diffuser was a cheap Fotodiox 6x8 softbox (I love these.. disposable item at the price, but they last forever if you keep them clean). I was in manual, F22, 250 sync, Shutter 60, ISO 200.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back