A horse & A tree

clax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres my shot taken during recent trip.Shot using 17-55 @ f4. Any c&c are welcome.Thanks for viewing.

dsc0005yd0.jpg

dsc0109pl8.jpg

C&C per req:
1. A couple of issues with this image. First it's somewhat over-exposed and suffering from a yellow colour caste in the lower half, and second the composition isn't IMHO, ideal. I would recommend trying to get the front of an animal, rather than the rear, especially given the rather 'unique' view this presents.
2.This is a nice idea, but again a couple things hold it back. It too is a trifle over-exposed, and appears as though the ocean is going to run out the right-hand edge of the picture. Always try and straighten your horizons. As well I think the composition could have been improved by including all of the palm on the right, with just a little open space, and then cropping/cloning out the tree and sign/flag to the left.
For both of these images, a circular polarizing filter would have really helped 'punch' up the colours and esp. for #2, a graduated neutral density would have made the sky stand out.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

C&C per req:
1. A couple of issues with this image. First it's somewhat over-exposed and suffering from a yellow colour caste in the lower half, and second the composition isn't IMHO, ideal. I would recommend trying to get the front of an animal, rather than the rear, especially given the rather 'unique' view this presents.
2.This is a nice idea, but again a couple things hold it back. It too is a trifle over-exposed, and appears as though the ocean is going to run out the right-hand edge of the picture. Always try and straighten your horizons. As well I think the composition could have been improved by including all of the palm on the right, with just a little open space, and then cropping/cloning out the tree and sign/flag to the left.
For both of these images, a circular polarizing filter would have really helped 'punch' up the colours and esp. for #2, a graduated neutral density would have made the sky stand out.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John
Appreciate the comment, What do you mean by the ocean going to run out to the right edge? is it the flow/angle pushing to the right?

Appreciate the comment, What do you mean by the ocean going to run out to the right edge? is it the flow/angle pushing to the right?

Sorry, just being a little facetious there. ;) What I meant was that your horizon isn't level.

Most reactions

Back