A less bright sunset! (portrait framing)

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are you thoughts? I took the one on a tilt. Do you like it?

10-28-15 017.jpg

10-28-15 019.jpg

Not crazy about the tilt myself. At the risk of being horribly frank, while I can often appreciate an artistic spin on things, here it comes off looking like when one of the legs on my tripod comes loose (LOL).

I do like the composition of the first shot, but I think I would trim some of the sky off the top and to me it looks like the image could be a bit sharper.

Not crazy about the tilt myself. At the risk of being horribly frank, while I can often appreciate an artistic spin on things, here it comes off looking like when one of the legs on my tripod comes loose (LOL).

I do like the composition of the first shot, but I think I would trim some of the sky off the top and to me it looks like the image could be a bit sharper.

How dare you be horribly frank!:whip:
:lol:
The tilt wasn't even intentional, I slipped while holding the camera low.:biggrin-93:

I think I will go with the "regular" landscape - #1. The tilt might be interesting if the whole thing was blurred or zoom-blurred to present an abstract offering, but with the "regular - tilted" offering, I was tilting my head to get it right. I guess the brain doesn't like things that aren't on the level.:biggrin-93:

I do like the composition in the first one except the horizon is right in the middle - generally a no-no. In the "tilted" version, there is too much stuff in the foreground that detracts from the overall image.

WesternGuy

I think I will go with the "regular" landscape - #1. The tilt might be interesting if the whole thing was blurred or zoom-blurred to present an abstract offering, but with the "regular - tilted" offering, I was tilting my head to get it right. I guess the brain doesn't like things that aren't on the level.:biggrin-93:

I do like the composition in the first one except the horizon is right in the middle - generally a no-no. In the "tilted" version, there is too much stuff in the foreground that detracts from the overall image.

WesternGuy

I even know not to put the horizon in the middle, somehow I messed that on a few of these. So I will recrop! Thanks! :)

Most reactions

Back