A little bit of all. Need some opinions.

Loug.be

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,

My name is Antoine and I come from Brussel.

I'm not a pro in photography, juste a random guy who like to take pictures of his world. I started one year ago, and now I think that it's time for me to ask some opinions from people who knows more about photography than me.

So please, say what you have to say, even if it's negative. All that I ask is to be constructive :)

I give you the link of my Facebook Page 'cause I have a lot of pictures to show you.

Thank's to all the people who'll take the time to have a look.

Best,

Antoine.

Last edited:
Few people are going to comment on a bunch of photos. Some people (including me) will not even visit FB.

Just pick a couple shots and post them in a thread for C&C.

I can understand :)

I'll begin with two pictures, but for people who have time to see more, the others pictures are available here.

6021322472_a5575e05c1_b.jpg

6014648401_90336c1cf3_b.jpg

The camera was a Nikon D60, with a 18:55 1:3.5-5.6 for the first picture, and a 55-200 1:4-5.6 for the second one.

(And if necessary, I would point out that the bird was already dead when I arrived.)

Not quite sure what i'm looking at in shot1 but i like it :thumbup:, went through Brussels once on my motorbike it was a bloody nightmare with all those underground roads and my GPS loosing reception when i was trying to get to Valkenburg

The first one doesn't do anything for me. I have no idea what I'm looking at or what I'm supposed to look at. Besides wondering what a legless manekin is doing in the middle of a window full of things I can't identify for the most part, my only thought is Get Closer!

I like the second one. Can't decide if this is fake blood but it works either way. I only wish its eye was open to make it creepier.

When you want to show a couple more images, start a new thread. And if you are going to put quite a few photos in one thread (5 or 6 for example), number them so it is easier to refer to them.

Bienvenue sur le forum.

Well, a little explanation would have been useless.

The first photo was taken at a street fair. I do not know how to translate it in English, but it's like an amusement park (likeDisneyland) that moves from city to city.
The idea here is to show the loneliness of the man surrounded by all the gifts that people can gain from its stand. The picture is more suggestive when viewed in high resolution.

The second photo is a picture of a bird that I found on the street who had just died a few minutes earlier. The blood was still flowing, and moments like this one are rare. About the closed eye, I did not open her eyes because people was already looking at me strangely when I was taking photos.

Bienvenue sur le forum.
Merci :)

Last edited:
lol

went through Brussels once on my motorbike it was a bloody nightmare with all those underground roads and my GPS loosing reception when i was trying to get to Valkenburg

Well, a little explanation would have been useless.

The first photo was taken at a street fair. I do not know how to translate it in English, but it's like an amusement park (likeDisneyland) that moves from city to city.
The idea here is to show the loneliness of the man surrounded by all the gifts that people can gain from its stand. The picture is more suggestive when viewed in high resolution.

The second photo is a picture of a bird that I found on the street who had just died a few minutes earlier. The blood was still flowing, and moments like this one are rare. About the closed eye, I did not open her eyes because people was already looking at me strangely when I was taking photos.

A photo needs to stand on its own. Words should be limited to a title. Anyway, yes, maybe it would benefit from being seen larger. I did click to see the larger version but that wasn't enough for me to get it although I did wonder if that was a carnival stand. But I just couldn't (and still can't) see a game...

As for the bird, I can just imagine the scene if you had opened its eye :lmao:

Thank's for your advices :)

Others opinions ?

The rest of the pictures is there.

Last edited:
#1 is too busy, If your main focus was the guy I would have zoomed in a lot more. It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at. #2 sorry, I didnt take a long enough look once I realized it was a dead bird with "blood" I personally think dead animal pictures are disgusting, but that's just me.

brandibell said:
I personally think dead animal pictures are disgusting, but that's just me.

just wanted to clarify in no way was that ment to be rude, I just don't like looking at dead animal lol I have a weak stomach.

#1 is too busy, If your main focus was the guy I would have zoomed in a lot more. It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at.

Well, the aim was to show the man lost in the middle of all these things. If I had azoom, I would have lost the concept of size.

I really like #1, not sure exactly why but I liked it straight away and then spent about a minute looking at it, after which time I still liked it.
Not such a fan of the dead bird personally but it certainly is morbid so good job if that was what you were trying to convey.

Most reactions

Back