A little late intro

cindyg2024

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. Joined the forum a couple weeks ago and I am loving it. I have always been interested in photography, but never persued it. Probably because of everything else I had going on. From the time I was 4 until 19 I played classical piano. That was the biggest part of my life, tying in with school and the sports that I played (volleyball and softball). Then I decided that I didn't want to be a professional performer, so I started persuing other avenues. Let's just say I probably still have not found my true passion in life, or at last, not as a job.

I am currently a CAD operator for an MEP Engineering firm in Maryland. I like my job, and love the people I work with and the benefits, but it is still lacking. It can be very monotonous. My husband and I both ride sportbikes and I absolutely love going to the races. When we bought our first digital camera (the one I'm STILL using) we got a good deal on it and didn't know anything about them. Anyway....

I just signed up for (2) of the free HP courses online and am excited to dive right in and start learning.... really learning... about photography and all the aspects of my camera and how to use it properly. Then I can step up and maybe start doing something that I really enjoy.

Welcome to the forum Cindy.

I'm also a CAD operator/designer...I don't know that is specifically helps with photography...but I like to think it does :D

Hi all. Joined the forum a couple weeks ago and I am loving it. I have always been interested in photography, but never persued it. Probably because of everything else I had going on. From the time I was 4 until 19 I played classical piano.

And so did Ansel Adams! Music and photography do go hand in hand, you know... ;)

Welcome aboard!

Thank you .... Big Mike.... what kind of CAD work do you do? I mostly draft for the "older" Engineers that haven't caught up to modern times yet, but we design HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Electrical systems for mostly schools, but some high end residences.

Sometimes CAD does come in handy with photography because just like photography you constantly have to crop things and adjust in drafting!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back