A little more Irish scenery

Steve Reddin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This, or at least I think so, is one of the reasons you should turn around when you're walking every so often and see the view from the other direction, otherwise I'd have missed this.

Glenbarrow is an area in the midlands of Ireland, the Barrow river being the subject here.

Barrow_river.jpg

Again, C&C welcome, if you like it great, but if you critique it that's better.

Steve

i think a faster shutter speed would have helped this picture greatly
there are some areas that are just too bright/blown out.

i think a faster shutter speed would have helped this picture greatly
there are some areas that are just too bright/blown out.

I think the shutter speed is fine, but I think you needed to turn the exposure down a touch. Actually, an even slower shutter probably would have given a more milky look to the faster parts of the river. Dom yo is right about the bright spots, however. I'm guessing you were at your lowest ISO and stopped down as far as your aperture would go, though. This is where a ND filter could really help out. Even a CPL could have given you another couple stops to play with.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, actually have 3 ND filters, saw the scene, knew it would be perfect for one and then realised they were sitting on my computer desk in my office....

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, actually have 3 ND filters, saw the scene, knew it would be perfect for one and then realised they were sitting on my computer desk in my office....

Steve

Good to know I'm not the only person things like that happen to. When you need something, it's not there, but anytime you have it, it's not needed.

I would have upped the aperture, then lengthened the shutter more. The "silky affect" is not to my liking. It seems to me, that the shutter speed is too quick for my liking. Just my 2 cents.

I would have upped the aperture, then lengthened the shutter more. The "silky affect" is not to my liking. It seems to me, that the shutter speed is too quick for my liking. Just my 2 cents.

Longer shutter = Silky effect.

I'm guessing his aperture and ISO were maxed, so his shutter was pretty much as long as it could be without overexposing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back