A little snow?

I was thinking of going out tonight for some shooting, but may reconsider. It isn't the weather...it's the way the people here drive in it.

We got an inch of show here in St.Louis last night, and people started panicking a week ago! :lol:

The sad part is I'm not entirely joking.

I couldn't agree more with the way people drive in it. Around here you would think that by now people would understand that you can not go as fast on ice and snow as you can on dry pavement. I have been sitting here sucking down coffee before going into work, listening to a police scanner. It already sounds like a demolition derby, and the roads are just barely covered! It will be a real cluster f**k once the wind picks up during the day tomorrow.

Here in Toronto there's a "Major Winter Storm Warning" in effect. It snowed most of the day today and has been very windy and cold. They're calling for 10-14 inches of snow in the next 24 hours here in the City, more in the outlying areas, with wind gusts of 50-75 km/hr (30-45 mph). The wind has been howling outside my window for hours. East of here (Ottawa, Montreal etc) they're calling for up to 16 inches of snow!
loki3.gif

Yay!!! Snow in Toronto! Bad news for drivers though...but great for skiing! I love seeing people on my street trying to get up the hill by going full gas.:lol:

Here in Toronto there's a "Major Winter Storm Warning" in effect. It snowed most of the day today and has been very windy and cold. They're calling for 10-14 inches of snow in the next 24 hours here in the City, more in the outlying areas, with wind gusts of 50-75 km/hr (30-45 mph). The wind has been howling outside my window for hours. East of here (Ottawa, Montreal etc) they're calling for up to 16 inches of snow!
loki3.gif

Wooo hooo...it is really coming down now. Cant wait till Sunday...maybe get some shooting in. :D:D

YES!!!

I'm in Lauderdale, Florida at the moment about to get on a cruise on Monday. And I'm **** scared about driving up to New York in about 12 days time. Eeeeek!!

Although I have been having fun talking to a lot of americans in the past couple of days that I've been here. hehehehe I was in a shop today and the girl asked me to say Fosters!!! hehehe..... and then she made me say it's Australian for beer... although I said that I've never heard of that before, and that we don't really drink Fosters. Poor girl was shattered. :-(

I have to drive into work tomorrow at 7:30am...cant wait to deal with other drivers!

Well now we have about 6"-8" inches around St.Louis. Its 11:00 now I'm thinking about Sledding, but with the weather probably about a half-hour drive, a fun drive I'm sure, but I just might wrap my camera in a plastic bag and go shoot some photos.

But its just snow. accelerate slow, Brake slow, and turn slow. Unless you in wide open parking lot! :mrgreen:

i have already changed over to rain... boo to that!!!!!!

So anyone in the northeast U.S. panicking over the weather forecast?

You know better than that......In western New York, if you don't like the wether, wait five minuets, it'll change.

And besides, we are rather accustomed to the lakeffect snow (I playfully call it lake deffect)

We are under about a foot or close too it from near nothing the otherday, but yet I still walked to work tonight ;)

YES!!!

I'm in Lauderdale, Florida at the moment about to get on a cruise on Monday. And I'm **** scared about driving up to New York in about 12 days time. Eeeeek!!

Although I have been having fun talking to a lot of americans in the past couple of days that I've been here. hehehehe I was in a shop today and the girl asked me to say Fosters!!! hehehe..... and then she made me say it's Australian for beer... although I said that I've never heard of that before, and that we don't really drink Fosters. Poor girl was shattered. :-(

you should just be thankful youre not in the path of Olga. tornado watch up for a lot of Florida with lots of warnings

Ah man, I just finished shovelling everything. And now its a new layer with more coming! It's like a blizzard out there, no cars on the road either.

Most reactions

Back