A little walk and a surprise

illuminating_light

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been wanting to get a picture of a Blue Heron for so long, i catch glimpses of them along the rivers here, but they hide well. Was i surprised when i went to one of the local parks/ponds and i was taking pictures of the Canadian Geese and babies, i walked around one corner of the pond and this guy was there.. Now considering winds were cruising at a good 20mph and the sun was coming in and out of the clouds, i did good getting a few shots with my DT 55mm-300mm.

$DSC08305.JPG

$DSC08466.JPG

$DSC08569.JPG

$DSC08575.JPG

Ha, mum and the kids in the first shot, always looks so cute :). Nice Heron shots and great colours in those. Slightly different to our Herons, so always nice to see the differences. Nicely taken.

All the best.

Danny.

Ha, mum and the kids in the first shot, always looks so cute :). Nice Heron shots and great colours in those. Slightly different to our Herons, so always nice to see the differences. Nicely taken.

All the best.

Danny.

Those babies are cute, so much so, i almost missed the opportunity to get shots of the Heron.. I was so busy watching them, i almost over looked him. The end of the pond was a little murky, i was worried how that would offset the pictures, but the colours did mesh nicely. As i stated above it was really windy, and that wind was throwing my lens all over the place, i was having a real hard time getting focus, but managed.

I would love to see some shots of the Herons from where you are, it is the first thing i loved about this forum, being able to see the different species from all over..

Most reactions

Back