What's new

A Lone Soldier

MatchlessArts

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
413
Reaction score
83
A shot I had that I just threw together, How do you all like it?
A Lone Soldier

6511045909_857cb400ff_b.jpg

​
 
Eh.. is there rules about what you can shoot. In my head I imagine everything you guys do but never can see it, can't you take photos of drills or parties. What about when a guy acts like a douche and you put soap in a pillow and beat him, now that's a photo. I think the photos also lacks the lines to pull off this, he's obviously going no where there is a wall not that far in front of him. I really love army movies, but I want to see the real thing.
 
Eh.. is there rules about what you can shoot. In my head I imagine everything you guys do but never can see it, can't you take photos of drills or parties. What about when a guy acts like a douche and you put soap in a pillow and beat him, now that's a photo. I think the photos also lacks the lines to pull off this, he's obviously going no where there is a wall not that far in front of him. I really love army movies, but I want to see the real thing.

LoL ok, what do you want to see buddy?
 
he's obviously going no where there is a wall not that far in front of him.

Yeah, he's got that big 2 foot wall in front of him. Hope the Army trained him well enough to step over it...
 
Eh.. is there rules about what you can shoot. In my head I imagine everything you guys do but never can see it, can't you take photos of drills or parties. What about when a guy acts like a douche and you put soap in a pillow and beat him, now that's a photo. I think the photos also lacks the lines to pull off this, he's obviously going no where there is a wall not that far in front of him. I really love army movies, but I want to see the real thing.

LoL ok, what do you want to see buddy?

I wanna see the ****ters, or what you guys do for fun like football or something, or pranks, there's so much that I imagine that may or may not be true and you have the opportunity to capture it. I don't know what the laws about it are but I would think you could make some big bugs with great war photos.
 
I like it, not sure about the processing. Either color or b&w.
 
Ok shooter, Ill hook you up :) and thanks for the comments guys/girls.
 
I agree with Schwetty. The processing holds my attention, but I don't understand it.
 
I agree with Schwetty. The processing holds my attention, but I don't understand it.

I agree as well. Any comments on what you were thinking with the processing?
 
I split the image into two halves with black and white on one side and color on the other. More or less just for a different effect but also showing that the desert holds color too.

For us over here when we look at just sand day in and day out we like to see some different stuff sometimes so why not through the lens of a camera then into the editing studio :)
 
I don't get the PP either, even after your explanation. But what bothers me the most is the red I see between his legs. It makes me feel like he's taking a piss and he's pissing blood... Not good.

Stay safe.
 
Red between his legs is the quick release strap on the gunners harness so if you roll over from an explosion or fall in a canal you can or ur battle can pull it so you don't drown/die.
 
I understand your reasoning, but when I look at the "color" side... it's still pretty much monotone.
 
I really like your postings mainly because it's really awesome to have a connection with someone actaully participating rather than just viewing. What catches my attention in the OP was that the soldier is in the middle of the frame and there's a lot of empty space on both sides that don't add to much more context. Keep posting and thank you, Merry Christmas to you and your buds.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom