A long journey...

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw this old couple out for a walk. The bridge represents their life's journey together. Sadly they are nearing the end of theirs.

Boom symbolism!

walk1 by runnah555, on Flickr

Maybe crop the top down? Like the idea.

I like the way you do things, but yeah I agree with the crop. Maybe 4:5 crop?

Great photo, beautifully shot and processed. My only beef is that there's nothing to indicate that the couple is old... Or are my ancient eyes failing? ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

I will try leaving more at the bottom.

Yeah it's hard to tell age from behind but they are old!

The bridge is much longer than it looks . I had a photo of them at the start but they were just walking side by side. About halfway they struck this pose so i rushed over to grab the shot.

I think it stands on it's own as a good photo... Although you could add some text in that spare sky area... "OLD COUPLE" and an arrow pointing to them. ;)

I think it stands on it's own as a good photo... Although you could add some text in that spare sky area... "OLD COUPLE" and an arrow pointing to them. ;)

Well they had to be at least mid 40's. That is soooo old ;)

j/k 60's

I agree, crop the sky a little more and then it's perfect. Love the symbolism!

60s is old, is it, hmmmm? .... I may revise my opinion of the merit of your submission. :gun: :eek:ldman:

Better?

Walk2 by runnah555, on Flickr

I think it needs a little more off the top still, now they look randomly placed and the picture seems uneven.
I know, I'm a PITA

Now better?

$walk4.jpg

I like the image a lot. Also like the relaxed way the two are holding each other - whatever their journey, they like who they are sharing it with.

Now what you need to do, is go back and remove those utility poles and wires, bring in the dozers and level the space behind the bridge, put in a sand beach and arrange for a suitable sunset for them to walk into...;)

Most reactions

Back