A New Lens!

chantal7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got myself the Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens the other day.

IMG_0322.jpg

I've been wanting a wide angle mainly for outside shots and stuff. I love this lens already, and I haven't even taken a step outside yet! (Mainly because it's terribly cold at the moment)

I know this lens can be used for all kinds of nature shots, but I am wondering, can you make it work for other things too? Like people, for example?

And if you've used this lens, post your pictures or something :) I've seen a lot of good reviews on this lens! :wink:

It's an amazing lens! Congratulations! I use this thing more often than I really should, even for portraits sometimes. I'm just going to fill this post up with a bunch of example shots to show you how awesome this lens is:
2922213398_9f87263696.jpg
2922190022_b3df4d6c5a.jpg
3097710616_a454b6e66e.jpg

2922195304_2b8fe28271_b.jpg

3040070501_5bf7e0921b.jpg
3037218265_a6b618294e.jpg

2922195324_94e42e8fc4.jpg
2777721116_eba11f72bb.jpg

2841105354_ba8d55e5c7.jpg
2831927465_00cd0e363c.jpg

I love this lens, as you can see.

Last edited:
It's an amazing lens! congrats!

Thanks! I am extremely happy to have bought this, especially for my first actual decent lens, haha.

Edit: Those are some nice pictures!

Are you not supposed to use the lens for portraits? haha, cause I might be doing the same thing a few times :)

Last edited:
It's an amazing lens! Congratulations! I use this thing more often than I really should, even for portraits sometimes. I'm just going to fill this post up with a bunch of example shots to show you how awesome this lens is:

I love this lens, as you can see.

WOW! Those photos are truly amazing!! I am planning on to get an ultra wide lens some time in January or February so if they will have another sale on this lens I will definitely get it! :D

WOW! Those photos are truly amazing!! I am planning on to get an ultra wide lens some time in January or February so if they will have another sale on this lens I will definitely get it! :D

lol! You might be waiting longer than Jan / Feb.... ahahaha. I asked the lady there about the sale and she said they won't be getting any more in that would be on sale anytime soon. Which made me even want to buy that lens even more, woo!

lol! You might be waiting longer than Jan / Feb.... ahahaha. I asked the lady there about the sale and she said they won't be getting any more in that would be on sale anytime soon. Which made me even want to buy that lens even more, woo!

Hey! Stop laughing, it's not funny that you were lucky to have bought it at a bargain price and I won't be able to obtain it until later and probably at a much higher price. lol nah I am just kidding I don't really care that I may will pay a lil bit more course when it comes to things I really want to get I actually would care less about the price. I wouldn't be surprised that they may will have another sale during Easter :p I kinda really want to buy that lens because the incredibly wide image it seems to be able to take and the quality also seems to be better than excellent at least judging from the photos you have taken and those uploaded by others.

Hey! Stop laughing, it's not funny that you were lucky to have bought it at a bargain price and I won't be able to obtain it until later and probably at a much higher price. lol nah I am just kidding I don't really care that I may will pay a lil bit more course when it comes to things I really want to get I actually would care less about the price. I wouldn't be surprised that they may will have another sale during Easter :p I kinda really want to buy that lens because the incredibly wide image it seems to be able to take and the quality also seems to be better than excellent at least judging from the photos you have taken and those uploaded by others.

I am sure they'll have another sale, just not any time soon. Funny how when you start posting in my threads nooooooooooo one else posts here, lol.

Congratz on the new lens.

The older lens (the one used to take #1) has some problems with finding vertical methinks. :lol:

Congratz on the new lens.

The older lens (the one used to take #1) has some problems with finding vertical methinks. :lol:

Ty :D

The old one? You mean old sigma lens? I am confused, haha.

I love that lens. You are going to have so much fun with it!

I sure hope so, I can't wait till summer...

Congrat on the lens, I've got one and love it. I've used it mainly for landscapes but once and a while for people and street photography.
Some Examples:

bodyfinalcopy.jpg

TB8.jpg

TB4.jpg

Nice photos you have there! :) So far I have not heard anything bad about this lens haha. :)

DubiousDrewski, I love the picture of the man climbing up the.. mountain hill thingy. I'd buy that and hang it on my wall, if I saw it in a store. It's just... so... fascinating.

Most reactions

Back