Photos OK to edit
Kite Surfing

What the....

Wait-Just-a-Minute.jpg

Interesting...

Well,-Here-It-Is.jpg

Success!
Believe-it-or-don't.jpg

They had the British Kite surfing Championship near me a in april 2012 on a very cold/grey day.
I stayed to photograph as long as I could, but the risk of frost bite eventually sent me back home :)
Most of my shots where from a bit further back, often using long telephotos to get them several hundred yard off shore (in the air etc).

None of mine where as colourful as yours - several where converted to B&W as there was so little colour to work with.
About the most colourful shot I managed was :
kite-surfing_1334225959.jpg

No sparkle in the water at all :(

Interesting that he's on a surf board. Must be so much harder to control and stay on board! We have a kite surfer at our local beach who shows up at low tide and uses his roller blades to "surf" the hard sand. It's pretty cool to watch. A few times he had some serious air time and I wondered if he would just float away.

Interesting that he's on a surf board. Must be so much harder to control and stay on board! We have a kite surfer at our local beach who shows up at low tide and uses his roller blades to "surf" the hard sand. It's pretty cool to watch. A few times he had some serious air time and I wondered if he would just float away.
They do catch some serious air don't they! Here's another one of someone practicing with the kites;
Airbourne by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

Sorry Bull, I won't hijack your thread any more!

Great shots btw, especially that last one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back