A newbe looking for C&C :)

LahPhotographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a couple of "artistic" photos I took. Love to hear what you all think....
012.jpg

010.jpg

any thoughts? would like feedback pleassssssse :D

What were you trying to express or accomplish with these shots? Maybe we can go from there.

mmm i guess just an overall idea on what could be done better... :)

What do you like about the images? What do you find compelling about them? What are you trying to portray to the viewer?

I think that's what Bazooka is asking.

mmm i guess just an overall idea on what could be done better... :)
Subject selection, time of day selection, angle to the Sun selection, perspective, conversion to B&W, composition, upload size (they sure are small) and adding a space between each image is always nice.

I tried to comment earlier but with image as samll as you posted I just couldn't get a good enough look at the images to be more specific.

If you intended the brid to be the main subject, it's has to small a scale in and is at best a tertiary image element.

Bitter Jeweler: thanks clearing that up for me, guess I did not quite understand.

Thanks for the feedback Keith. I ask a general question and got a general answer...
Well I ment the photos to be dark in color and mood. Kind of like the movie "The Crow". As far as loading it I tried to seperate the photos in the post but did not know how, so it ended looking like all one. For the size the original photo was too large and when I resized it on photobucket that is the size it came out. My intention is to come up with something that would be good on a CD cover. (that is my goal or dream in life)

010-1.jpg

012.jpg
Ok here are a little bigger files of the photos...

Those look to be the same size to me. It's really hard to critique photos that are so small. Try to post photos that are at the very least 600px on the long side, but I'd recommend 800px on the long side.

For the size the original photo was too large and when I resized it on photobucket that is the size it came out.

For the size on Photobucket, under the resize thing choose the Large option. :) If it's too large the site does have an auto resize thing once it's posted so it doesn't stretch out the forum. I guess you don't even really have to resize it because of the site resize advantage, but it does help the page load faster if it's resized which helps.

To Gaerek that IS the size I uploaded...I give up!! Grrrr
:) Anyway I posted one of these exact same photos in the user gallery and THAT I know was a good size. :D

To Gaerek that IS the size I uploaded...I give up!! Grrrr
:) Anyway I posted one of these exact same photos in the user gallery and THAT I know was a good size. :D

It's your photo hosting site. They're probably resizing it (as FemFugler said). There should be a setting to fix that. If not, try Flickr or something else.

yeah, BUGGER! It is the hosting site. I am not on flickr so will have to sign up. :D Thanks Gaerek. :)

I am not going try and figure it out with photobucket (do not really like it anyway)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back