A newbie, my first post here...

cool_dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi friends, I am a new member TPF and this is my first post.

First, something about me, I am Abhi from India. Photography is my hobby and I love to see & share beautiful photos. I must say we have some very good photographers here.

I currently own a Canon S2 IS. Actually, I want to buy a DSLR & I am saving money for that. Let's hope I get it very soon.:sexywink:
Other than this, I think I am a photographer who pays more attention to the composition rather than the technical details of a shot.(Some of you may not agree with me actually.)

Here are some shots shot with my Canon S2 IS (all in Auto settings.) All are from my recent trip to Orissa, a state in India.

Your comments and suggestions are highly welcome.

Thanks,
Abhi.

img_4510s341.jpg

img_4512s608.jpg

img_4526s263.jpg

img_4527s728.jpg

img_4555s636.jpg

img_4572s594.jpg

img_4727s560.jpg

img_4731s778.jpg

img_4741s122.jpg

img_4959s860.jpg

The boat has definitely got to be my favorite!

- Caleb

Wow, those are some awesome shots! Don't you just love taking pics of things from other cultures when your on vacation. Our home computer's screen saver is a slide show of all the pics on our comp and i love seeing vacation photos pop up, they have a cool way of bringing you back to that moment and help you relax

Love the boat and the next 2 photos after it (tip-number your pics 1,2,3,4, etc). The boat pic is definitely tops in my book but could use a very minor horizon straightening.

Hi and welcome to the forum. So glad you joined us and thanks for sharing your images with us.

5 and 6 are my favorites, they look great!

Some really great photos there. :thumbup:

5, 6 and 7 are my faves. Mini tip: try to keep the horizon absolutely horizontal.

I really like photo 10 too, really inventive angle.

Welcome to the forum and keep up the good work. :thumbup:

:) Thanks a lot guys. Your suggestions surely will help.

Abhi.

Welcome to the forum Abhi! I was in the same boat as you for a long time, I had to save awhile before i got a DSLR. These shots are all nice, I particularly like the buildings and statues, the architecture and sculptures are beautiful! However, you won't believe how big a difference having a DSLR will make on taking photos like these. The detail you'll be able to extract from each shot will be astounding! I look forward to seeing more of your work soon!

welcome to TPF!

i like the boat shot, and the one with the 2 people. it appears 2 photos after the boat shot. i'm not sure whether you meant to slant the horizon, but you can fix that in photoshop. that's a MAJOR thing, keep horizons straight unless you are doing it drastically (like 45 degrees) and it adds to the photo.

nice shots =)

Nice selection, I have the S3IS and love it, like you though I am soon to be getting a dslr,

Do you always shoot in auto, or do you venture in to the other settings too?

cpelsy2k1 : Why did you choose Canon 30 D? Any particular reason? Asking this because many people told me that you should spend more money on the glass rather than the camera.(Especially newcomers should go this way because the camera can always be upgraded while lenses are for life.)

Rachelsne : Yes Rachel, I always use auto settings mode. I know this must change now as I am thinking of getting a DSLR. Let's see! :p

Thanks again, all of you,
Abhi.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back