What's new

A nice shot, I think

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
2,471
Reaction score
30
Location
West Palm Beach, Fl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not too much going on in it, but I like it for some reason. What do you think?


(click for the mammoth version)
 
like you said not much going on, perhaps a black & white version with some contrast (especially in the sky) that way there's even less going on.
 
to be clear; i like that there's nothing going on, so to make it black and white with even taking color away is a good exercise in composition and minimalism, making a good photo with 'nothing going on'
 
It is a very subtle landscape. The amount of blue sky at the top of the frame almost mirrors the proportion of water across the bottom of the photo. The photo has five main depth planes,and is a very "flat" type of landscape. THere is absolutely no hand of man visible anywhere within it, which has become more difficult to accomplish within 100 miles of any urban center these days; there are no jet trails in the sky, for example...

I would wager that this photo looks better and has more impact when seen large. On-screen at 1,000 pixels across, the impact is diluted, I am sure. This is a subtle photograph,and I can see why you're proud of it.
 
to be clear; i like that there's nothing going on, so to make it black and white with even taking color away is a good exercise in composition and minimalism, making a good photo with 'nothing going on'

What WimFoto said....

J.:mrgreen:
 
It is simple but that's what makes it good.


[This is me speaking in general, not to you personally]
I'm in the restaurant business, and we chef's have a saying "K.I.S.S." (Keep It Simple Stupid) Most of the time, the best things in life, are uncomplicated. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom