A night in Chelmsford

TamiyaGuy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, alright, two nights :p.

In my opinion, Chelmsford town centre is one of the ugliest in the UK. Horrible 1970's block flats & shops are everywhere, and the odd nice building you find is surrounded by either said block flats or has a bank's name plastered in every window. Still, a while back I decided to bite the bullet and go out to see if anything was worth photographing. As to the answer, I'll let you decide ;).

Also, I'd like to say that these photos are by no means my best work, this was just a little project I was going to put up on the web.

ip4f3t.jpg

2v29p4n.jpg

72u2d2.jpg

2m6jw9h.jpg

Comments & critique are, as always, welcome. I suspect I'll get plenty of the second :lol:.

I like the first and third but think the first would benefit from perspective correction and a slightly looser composition. I like the depth the distance between the bike and lamp post in the third.

Have you considered night shots during the blue hour i.e. the period just after sunset when the sky is blue but not black? You may call me a hypocrite as I am about to post night shots of central London that were also taken past the blue hour, but my excuse is that I couldn't get there in time (maybe your circumstances are the same) ;)

...but my excuse is that I couldn't get there in time (maybe your circumstances are the same) ;)
Er... yes, I had the same troubles too... :oops:

Thanks for the comments, guys. But what do you mean by a "looser composition"? I understand the perspective correction and I agree; I should either have got close and used a wider lens (possibly panorama? 18mm is the min) to maximize the effect, or had none at all. Thanks for the idea of shooting in the blue hour as well, I hadn't thought of that.

Cheers again, I thought I'd get a metric tonne of harsh critique.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back