A Night shot and a Sunset for C&C

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my attempt last night at a location known locally as Toquer Falls. I think I'm going to need to wait a few more months for the moon to track more north to light up the lower falls better, but overall I'm pretty pleased with the results! This is a single 47 1/2 minute exposure taken with just over a half moon as the light source.

IMG_8783small.jpg

This is a sunset from just over a week ago, overlooking a valley in Southern Utah:

IMG_8600small.jpg

C&C please!

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Both are really nice. I'd like to see that bush in lower right frame with the mountain in upper left to balance the elements a bit better.

You can always try light painting as well at this scene, might be difficult but with practice and extra batteries, I bet you could pull it off. What's the widest aperture on your current lens?

OP
LittleMike

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The widest on the lens I was using is f/4. I had to stop it down to f/8 to get the exposure I wanted though (I was already at ISO100). I tried several other shots that night with light painting, but it proved to be next to impossible to get it to blend even somewhat well at the shadow line.

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Love #2. I've never been into the time exposure / star thing, but that's just me. Very nice.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics