A nightly building picture

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was on my way home when I saw this building, but the problem was that I forgot my tripod. I decided to try and take a picture anyway handheld at 0.5 seconds. I think it turned out decent enough, but I'll let you guys be the judge.

nightbuilding.jpg

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the nice comments. :D

jonmikal said:
Who says we need tripods!
I wish I didn't forget mine though. Out of the 30 or so pictures I took, this one was the one with the least camera shake. ;)

Amazing job for that time period. Congrats!

I wouldn't count myself so lucky next time. Tripods rule the earth. :wink: Well, for us photo-geeks anyway. :p

heard a trick about minimizing camera shake when you don't have a tripod... if you have a multiple shot setting on your camera... use it... apparently the first picture is usually bad because the camera moves slightly when you hit the button, but by the time you hit the 2nd or 3rd, you're pretty still.

just random tips

terri said:
I wouldn't count myself so lucky next time. Tripods rule the earth. :wink: Well, for us photo-geeks anyway. :p
Lol...yeah, I've found them somewhat useful. ;) Thanks for commenting terri.

green said:
heard a trick about minimizing camera shake when you don't have a tripod... if you have a multiple shot setting on your camera... use it... apparently the first picture is usually bad because the camera moves slightly when you hit the button, but by the time you hit the 2nd or 3rd, you're pretty still.
Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to keep that in mind if I ever forget my tripod again. :D

Most reactions

Back