What's new

A Osprey and a Cormorant.

Joined
Jun 8, 2014
Messages
364
Reaction score
101
Location
Islamorada ,FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was digging through my photos and i found this one i took last year, I just think its funny.


394494_387954561276841_79793077_n.jpg


I should add a caption saying don't eat me as a joke. Most people don't know that the osprey wont eat the cormorant.
 
Nice shot! I think it the Osprey is saying 'Listen Carl, just stop following me, ok?".
 
Pretty cool.Have to say this is a first for me seeing Osprey and cormorant chilling together.The only thing missing is the eagle on the middle branch.
 
Personally, I haven't seen either of these birds ever.. So this is even a unique-er photo for me.. I never thought that cormorants can be larger than ospreys..
 
That's either a HUGE osprey or a really small cormorant. At least out here, cormorants are easily the size of a Canada goose, while osprey are about the size of a red tailed hawk. Basically, the cormorant being three times the size of an osprey.
 
Also the female Osprey is typically larger then a male Osprey. The Osprey I got early this spring was pretty large.I captured a big cormorant as well and up close I could't believe how big it was perched out of the water.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom