A peachy coloured rose

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to get into the habit of sharing my pictures, just because I like looking at other people pictures and I hope they like mine.

I normally don't use boarders but I thought I would have a play in photoshop elements 4 and see what I came up with, its basic, but I like it.

Any tips for my editing techniques, composition, etc Is the picture a bit soft? You can see the a bigger version here

My monitor is not calibrated, I shot it with my canon 30d and my sigma AF 70-300 mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro, hand held, Shot in Raw nad manual mode

I know that flowers are one of the most photographed things, and your all probably fed up with them, but I have been feeling icky all day and don't have the energy to go further than my neighbors porch.

2495710262_820b270404.jpg

As nice a picture of a rose as you could want. Sharp, clean, nice color, good DOF etc.

I hate flowers and probably wouldn't choose to look at a flower picture but this one is a fine example. Notice that the rose is dead center but the picture works fine anyway.

It is not a wonderful 'picture' but a fine documentary shot, nonetheless.

Lew

My thoughts are you have to give in order to get. Since you're in the critique thread....

I love roses and this is a beaut. Your ose of aperture is well done. The colors are nice and I can almost smell it's fragrance. The only issue I have with the photo is its position. From what I see in the background, perhaps shift it more towards the upper right.

Thanks for sharing.

I think the borders color complements a nice shot of a rose with good bokeh.

Borders in particular have been something I have been interested in lately.

There is the black border of various widths, white and then black, again with various widths.

A border inside the images edges, the image overlapping the inside border, shadows on the edges, etc...

IMHO a tasteful border enhances an image.

Thank you for the rose :heart:

Cheers, Don

Thank you very much for your comments

I have the critique thread saved as a favorite so I can go back and check and hopefully help other people out :)

As nice a picture of a rose as you could want. Sharp, clean, nice color, good DOF etc.

I hate flowers and probably wouldn't choose to look at a flower picture but this one is a fine example. Notice that the rose is dead center but the picture works fine anyway.

It is not a wonderful 'picture' but a fine documentary shot, nonetheless.

Lew

Ok thank you, I always wonder about the sharpness of my pictures, because a while back on another forum I posted a picture, which I thought was sharp and everyone said it was OOF, it made me nervous about how I tell if my image in focus.

I think the borders color complements a nice shot of a rose with good bokeh.

Borders in particular have been something I have been interested in lately.

There is the black border of various widths, white and then black, again with various widths.

A border inside the images edges, the image overlapping the inside border, shadows on the edges, etc...

IMHO a tasteful border enhances an image.

Thank you for the rose :heart:

Cheers, Don

Thanks, I had been playing around with those, black, white black boarders, but even using a grid on pse 4 I cant seem to get the edges an equal space apart. I saw a border like this during the past week, cant remember where, or even exactly how it looked but I remember thinking how much I liked the drop shadow behind the image, so after some experimenting, I came up with the above.

Most reactions

Back