A people photo...der.

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
During this little guy's Christmas session, mom and dad had him play on the stairs to rouse his spirits. I think this shot is neat because of mom looking over his shoulder.

IMG_0102.jpg

You're right, Jaime: It adds another dimension that makes it better than if you just had the tighter cropping of the baby. Nice background colors, too. Plus, you captured an older, wiser expression on the baby's face. But maybe that's a really smart kid, and it shows.

Thanks guys!!! Dick, I dont think I could have tightened the crop much without either cutting him off at the wrist or cutting the mom out.

Ok, I want to like it...and there are things I like about it. The concept, the little boy, the lighting. But the mom freaks me out. i want to scream "look out"! But it seems that it is just me, so take it with a grain of salt.

Hahaha, thats ok eyeeye! This was more of an "inbetween" shot. We played around inbetween family and individual shots. So although I certainly appreciate the feedback, I am not SUPER concerned about it. Know what I mean? :) I just thought it was a cool capture.

I know what you mean though, he is RIGHT on the edge of the stairs :)

Jaime: I agree. I like it as it is. But as an additional photo -- and considering what a great expression you've captured here -- it might be fun to make a little 3 inch square version. Then frame it beautifully with a really big matte. A little picture in a good-sized frame will "draw the viewer in." And this photo is a perfect candidate for that. Here's a suggested cropping:

JaimeGibbBiancaApr08cropped.jpg

Even better... in black and white.

JaimeGibbBiancaApr08croppedBW.jpg

You can crop it for a wallet shot, but I like it the way it is.

Ok, I want to like it...and there are things I like about it. The concept, the little boy, the lighting. But the mom freaks me out. i want to scream "look out"! But it seems that it is just me, so take it with a grain of salt.

OK, I have to say that I agree. Except to me, the mom looks like a ghost or something. It's kinda creepy! I don't know exactly what it is that I don't like, but since you said it was more of a candid moment, it probably isn't a real big deal either way ;) I love most of your other stuff ;)

I don't know exactly what it is that I don't like, but since you said it was more of a candid moment, it probably isn't a real big deal either way ;) I love most of your other stuff ;)

Haha, no worries Lyncca!! You are right, this was just a chance capture. Mom actually loves it and ordered some copies, and although I dig it too, I can see how it could be seen as creepy. Definitely a personal opinion though! Thanks for the feedback :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back