A Place Called Hope

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A Place Called Hope is a non profit Raptor rescue center that is located pretty close to me. My boss took me there as a early birthday present surprise. I was actually in the enclosures with the birds! It was super awesome. The light was horrible as a thunderstorm had just rolled through. If I had known I would have brought my macro lens. Some I had to pump the ol D300 up to ISO 1600. These are all hand held and with pretty slow shutter speeds for the 300. If you want to know more about the place... Home or FB https://www.facebook.com/APlaceCalledHope Comments welcome. It was hard to get them all in focus at 2.8...

1 Lunar

"Lunar" Northern Saw Whet Owl 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

2 IRIS I got to hold her

Red Tailed Hawk 2 (Captive) by krisinct, on Flickr

3 Red Tail

"Iris" Red Tailed Hawk 2 (Captive) by krisinct, on Flickr

4 Red Tail

Red Tailed Hawk 1 (Captive) by krisinct, on Flickr

5 GHO male

Great Horned Owl (Captive) by krisinct, on Flickr

6 GHO Male

Great Horned Owl 3 (Captive) by krisinct, on Flickr

7 Barn Owl

Barn Owl (Captive) by krisinct, on Flickr

Lovely! #1 is so wonderful!

wow! all the pics are great, but I bet the experience was incredible!

CC, what a nice surprise and a great experience. Pics are great as usual - nice and sharp.

WesternGuy

Sounds like an awesome boss! What a great experience.

I like them all, but pic #1 really works for me. I'd show my daughter, but she'd break my computer screen in her attempts to pet the bird. Keeping this one to myself. :)

Kevin

It was a truly amazing experience ! I can't wait to go back when there is better light! I will be working with them in the future to help raise awareness for sure... Thank you all!
Lovely! #1 is so wonderful!

wow! all the pics are great, but I bet the experience was incredible!

CC, what a nice surprise and a great experience. Pics are great as usual - nice and sharp.

WesternGuy

Sounds like an awesome boss! What a great experience.

I like them all, but pic #1 really works for me. I'd show my daughter, but she'd break my computer screen in her attempts to pet the bird. Keeping this one to myself. :)

Kevin

Hey that's cheating! ;)

I like them all the first hawk is my favorite.

All of them are nice. The first shot definitely stands apart as your best of the bunch. The lack of the background distractions (like some of the others) really focuses all the attention on the yellow eyes!

Hey that's cheating! ;)

I like them all the first hawk is my favorite.
Yup sure is :)

All of them are nice. The first shot definitely stands apart as your best of the bunch. The lack of the background distractions (like some of the others) really focuses all the attention on the yellow eyes!

Not much you can do in a 8x8x12 enclosure with a lens that has a MFD of 8 feet :)

Went over thesepis again, this time with my daughter. I think that first pic is my favorite rid shot I've ever seen posted here. It's just adorable.

kevin

Nice! I was out in Boise last October and visited the World Center for Birds of Prey. Got some good shots, but they were still through the glass.

Very nice. I have a similar place near me called Birds of Prey. It's a cool experience to be sure.

Thanks everyone! I will be back there soon hopefully with better light. I'm pretty happy I got them 70 new fans on FB. It is also pretty cool, The Audubon Magazine shared Lunar (#1) on their FB page. Cute little owl is going viral :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back