A plan to end the pointless squabbling about who is right.

I learn from this site.

I think i have a few thousand posts since I started but I'd bet 1% of them critique on others photos. I don't think I'm good enough to give anything other than basic guidance to something that can be easily fixed, or is obviously wrong.

You are cheating yourself out of a great learning experience; it's as much for yourself as it is for others.
Critique isn't anything secret.
If you look at a picture and like it or dislike it, think its good or its bad, the next step is just to try to understand why you think that.
Your brain isn't special, it incorporates that same kind of subconscious parsing engine that most people have (probably the Western civilization version).
You just have to activate that engine and figure out what it says.

While I am one to always question and argue with authority I do think the idea has some merit.

The easiest way in my mind to gain authority on a subject is to post work. For example, I take everything Coastalconn says about birding as gospel because he is damn good at it! Others who never post work, I don't hold their opinions in very high regard.

I think Braineack should get the one for scathing and sarcastic remarks

Who hands out these medals and in a world where cash is king and plutocrats rule they could be bought, leaned on or brow beaten.

Last edited:

Who hands out these medals and in a world where cash is king and plutocrats rule they could be bought, leaned on or brow beaten.
They'll be available for an extra ninety-nine cents with the TPF Cafeteria's daily $10 lunch special.

They'll be available for an extra ninety-nine cents with the TPF Cafeteria's daily $10 lunch special.
So pretty much any gimmick you can find to increase mystery meat sales I guess...Lol

I do see the point Lew makes but of course administering something like this would prove impossible. You'd be hard pressed in many categories to name an expert that most would agree on.

For my part there are those who's opinions I respect and trust, and those who are obviously full of more than just the lunch special. I just try to learn what I can from who I can and leave the chaff behind.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Last edited:

So can we sign up for this brow beating of plutocrats thing, because dang that sounds like fun.

I said that not jaomul, whoever that guy is Im suing him for intellectual property infringement.

hahaha I'm no expert but just merely providing my own personal opinion. There are so many ways to do the same thing... :eek:

So can we sign up for this brow beating of plutocrats thing, because dang that sounds like fun.

I said that not jaomul, whoever that guy is Im suing him for intellectual property infringement.

I'm being mis quoted. Can I sue someone. Preferably in Ireland

Sue everybody in Ireland. That would be classy, so that would make it a Class Action lawsuit, right?

who would get the "TPF God" badge ?

who would get the "TPF God" badge ?

Whoever the watery tart throws the sword at, obviously. Until then I guess we'll just have to take it on ourselves to act as sort of an "Executive Officer" of the week.

moistened bints, lying in ponds, distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

I personally see it as a way for some who already have an inflated sense of self-importance to increase their head size even more.

Regardless of the badges / medals / accolades / whatever it isn't going to make me any more or less impressed with someone's abilities. Respect is something that must be earned.

I apologize to those who took me seriously.

I was trying to make the point that here, on the Internet, in a place where art and opinion should hold sway, many, too many people are trying to bolster their own ego, needing to be 'right', alluding to outside experience to bolster their facts

In actuality, facts don't need bolstering.

As for the rest, they are opinions - and no one has a lock on the best opinion about pictures.

Not anyone.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back