A Poppy

ericz83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just another shot I took looking for some C&C - I did "lightroom" this some - I am trying to learn lightroom and mess with things so can't really tell you what I did. I just messed with it until I liked it. Haven't been able to get out and practice more - works been crazy!

Poppy by Eric Zeigler, on Flickr

You turned the greens, blue.

Could you post the original for comparison?

Sure .. I know I also fixed the exposure - obviously! I had a shot that was exposed better but wasn't as sharp.

I think that happened in adjusting saturation? I didn't mess with single colors, I don't think.

$poppy original.jpg

Ok, now just fix the exposure.

I am not sure if you messed with the white balance or just the saturation, but I think this could be a nice image if you fix it carefully.
Bringing up underexposed images will be saturated. So if you would, just fix the exposure, and we'll see if we can get this looking good.

Btw, I think the uncropped inclusion of the other bud is nice.

I liked the bud when I framed the shot - then when I was editing, I didn't. I think because I wanted to focus on the poppy. I'll give it a go - thanks for the feedback. Not sure I'll post tonight but will return to this!

Edited...
Oops - I think I read into that wrong... You are talking about the bud on the top? Not the coneflower in the background, right?

I understand your thinking.

The bud is out of focus, so the viewers eye will naturally be drawn to your crisp, sharp subject.
Sometimes it's nice to have something about your main subject repeated, or hinted at elsewhere in your image. The bud repeats the color, which will help lead the viewers eye around your image.

The viewer can be lead around with appropriately named "leading lines", repetition of color, shape, form, pattern, etc.

Edit: I was talking about the cone flower. When you get back to this and fix the exposure, well see what it looks like better. Maybe your crop will be better in the end. :shrug:

OK This was just a real quick fix to the exposure - no cropping or anything else. Image is also compressed some so I'm not uploading a bunch of huge files. You think this is better then? I do agree its much more realistic looking!

$poppy revisited1.jpg

Most reactions

Back