A portrait

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let me present you this photo deliberately without too many explanations, for telling you too much about it might take an influence on your critique.

All I want to tell you is that this one is a candid portrait, and that it was taken on film, so you see a scanned print.

195a_websize.jpg

How do you like it under the aspect of "A Portrait"?

Convert it to B/W. It will strike more the facial features and not the (very) blue sweater.
The looking out of the frame and the appearance itself are quite OK. Not really striking but still quite good.

My 2 cents

P.

I like it just would crop some space on the leftto achive some balance.

OK, here I tried to follow Eyecatcher's suggestion and converted it into black+white:

195c_bw_websize.jpg

And this is following Look's advice to crop it just a little:

195b_cropped_websize.jpg

More thoughts by the portrait experts here?

uhhh yes! black and white here :) I really like it! Especially the very calm eyes...

I prefer the original. I like the trade-off of symetry to a more standardized aspect ratio. I don't care for the B&W.

I'm not a big black and white fan but I do like the black & white better in this case. The only thing is the white glare on his forehead in the black & white photo. Maybe you can use the burn tool in PS to get that out.

I like the color version better nyself. Great Shot

I think im bias towards BW so i will have to go with the BW version but with the tighter cropping.

Also i think BW always shows beards off really well, full of texture, especially if the beard has some grey in it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back