A published photo of mine

jimiismydaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, Im new to the forum. Hoping to learn a lot here.

This is a photo I took in Yellowstone last summer. I submitted it to the picture.com photo contest they have and they are publishing it in one of their coffee table books. Thought that was kind of cool. Unfortunately, the noise if kind of bad. The bit of cropping and color adjustment brought it out.

I labeled it as "Beginning of a Beautiful Night"

100_2513e2_filtered.jpg

Congratulations :)

I agree the noise is a little overwhelming, but it's still a decent shot.

I don't want to get you down, but I've read on multiple forums about the picture.com photo contest. It's my understanding that they publish every photo they receive, as long as they meet the contest guidelines. Makes no difference of quality, creativity or subject. From what I've read, next you'll get an email informing you that the book with your picture has been published, and they'll tell you they're giving you some special offer to purchase a copy.

Supposedly, everyone pays the same price, regardless of which photos are placed in the book. I'm only repeating what I've read, just trying to give you a heads up.

yeah I figured it was all a gimmick. But uninformed people who arent photographers dont have to know that :p It looks good to them lol.

And hell naw am I paying $79.95 for the book lol.

welcome to tpf, if you want to try cleaning up the noise in this shot, you can always try NeatImage or similar noise reduction software. I have pretty good luck with that one. nice shot, love that crescent moon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back